of course i want the the full keyboard, it's why i bought my 1st blackberry to begin with, and also why the 9860 never even crossed my mind as a contender. i just got lost in this waiting game, ATT is taking way to long
    "Of course" you want a full keyboard, but your alternative phone is the sgs2 and you won't even consider the 9860 or 9810... Confusing.
    Bob Dunn likes this.
    09-12-11 01:00 PM
    Bold for chatter type,a messaging phone. Sgs2 suits different purpose, media consumption, reading, etc.
    For me bold screen is just too small for anything but chat/messaging.
    I read slot so I junk my 9800 for sgs2.never been happier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 02:22 PM
    i have had plenty of time to look at other phones while ATT has yet to release the bold 9900.. if this wasn't the case i would be a proud 9900 owner with zero regrets. but since this IS the case.. and i HAVE had time to do plenty of research. it seems as though the samsung galaxy s is everything the 9900 is and more. I have loved my last four blackberrys very much but it seems that BB is lagging in the mobile world

edit: i'm sry, at the moment i am prefering the galaxy s2 over the 9900. but maybe they're are a few things that could easily turn the tables, i want you to enlighten me! long story short, i really (really really really) want to stay with BB but every bit of my common sense is telling me to get the galaxy s2. it really is an amazing phone that is setting the standard on mobile devices
    Last edited by TheyCallMeBriaN; 09-12-11 at 04:38 PM.
    09-12-11 04:26 PM
    The thread title is misleading. I thought you were going to list shortcomings of the S2, but you are actually saying you think it is better? So are you wanting others to post reasons you should not leave the BB platform?

Confused.
    orenzai likes this.
    09-12-11 04:29 PM
    I am highly confused by the thread title versus content...
    lunatyck likes this.
    09-12-11 04:31 PM
    edit: i'm sry, at the moment i am prefering the galaxy s2 over the 9900. but maybe they're are a few things that could easily turn the tables, i want you to enlighten me! long story short, i really (really really really) want to stay with BB but every bit of my common sense is telling me to get the galaxy s2. it really is an amazing phone that is setting the standard on mobile devices
    Last edited by TheyCallMeBriaN; 09-12-11 at 04:38 PM.
    09-12-11 04:35 PM
    If you want a full touchscreen device get the sgs2 (i assume you don't want a 9860 as you never mentioned it).

If you want a hardware keyboard + touchscreen get the 9900. There isn't much else to it really.... They are polar opposite phones.
    TheyCallMeBriaN likes this.
    09-12-11 04:37 PM
    of course i want the the full keyboard, it's why i bought my 1st blackberry to begin with, and also why the 9860 never even crossed my mind as a contender. i just got lost in this waiting game, ATT is taking way to long
    09-12-11 04:43 PM
    So buy a rogers 9900 and remove the branding or wait for AT&T to release it.

Or switch to a carrier that has the 9900/9930.

If you want a blackberry bold 9900 on at&t, you either have to wait or pay full price to rogers. If you don't want to do that, you don't want it that bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 04:51 PM
    the samsung galaxy s2 runs on android, and most apps on android drains battery quick. Even with every setting turned off like 3g wifi bluietooth screen brightness etc.I dont know if its the app or android os. But if you want a good battery i would stick with battery. I dont know if u have had a full touchscreen before. But if u have big hands i would recommend playing with a full touchscreen device of a friend or familiy for a couple of days and watch if u get cramps like me. always scrolling etc. I quess its different per person.

Samsung galaxy S has no led notification, which is a big difference for me also.
    voice quality on bb is better also. So if you are looking for the basic phones functions, battery/voice quality/notifications/form factor , i would not buy android or even an iphone. they both suck when it comes to the basic phone stuff.

and i am not a bb fan, i own a iphone. but i will convert to bb soon
    09-12-11 05:02 PM
    the samsung galaxy s2 runs on android, and most apps on android drains battery quick. Even with every setting turned off like 3g wifi bluietooth screen brightness etc.I dont know if its the app or android os. But if you want a good battery i would stick with battery. I dont know if u have had a full touchscreen before. But if u have big hands i would recommend playing with a full touchscreen device of a friend or familiy for a couple of days and watch if u get cramps like me. always scrolling etc. I quess its different per person.

Samsung galaxy S has no led notification, which is a big difference for me also.
    voice quality on bb is better also. So if you are looking for the basic phones functions, battery/voice quality/notifications/form factor , i would not buy android or even an iphone. they both suck when it comes to the basic phone stuff.

and i am not a bb fan, i own a iphone. but i will convert to bb soon
    exactly the kind of response i'm looking for. i also hear that this BB doesnt ahve the greatest battery life also? i would rather buy an extra battery for either phone instead of not being able to use my phone to the fullest, if that makes any sense at all. but as papped said earlier, they really are almost polar opposite devices, and i really really enjoy the full qwerty, it's so much more efficient, and use my phone for busines A LOT so i'm all about efficiency. on the other hand, i also like the idea of getting the full touch screen/ media phone / 8.0 mgpxle experience with all the apps and games and what not, sounds like a lot of fun..
    09-12-11 05:16 PM
    "Of course" you want a full keyboard, but your alternative phone is the sgs2 and you won't even consider the 9860 or 9810... Confusing.
    it's still the same O.S...... i'm getting the blackberry for the hardware, you missed my point
    09-12-11 05:22 PM
    This thread is slightly confusing, time-bending and pretty much useless. Nuke it from orbit!

09-12-11 05:24 PM
    Get the SG2! It is like it is from the future compared to the 9900. RIM is doing the best they can and struggling to do that! If you GOT to have a mechanical keyboard, the 9900 is still my choice, but once you get past that, and you really can, the SG2 blows the socks off of every phone out there. I do not think the iPhone 5 will be more advanced that the SG2.

What ever you pick, be glad you have good choices!
    09-12-11 05:29 PM
    After getting stung by the Samsuck froyo upgrade fiasco for the galaxy S phones last year, I'm done with Samsuck phones. This company is still screwing the US based galaxy s phone owners by not upgrading the phones to gingerbread even though the european version has received the update long ago.

From now on if I want an android phone it will only be a Google Nexus phone. Samsuck's strategy is to completely ignore the previous model owners the moment their new phone is released.
    09-12-11 05:49 PM
    After getting stung by the Samsuck froyo upgrade fiasco for the galaxy S phones last year, I'm done with Samsuck phones. This company is still screwing the US based galaxy s phone owners by not upgrading the phones to gingerbread even though the european version has received the update long ago.

From now on if I want an android phone it will only be a Google Nexus phone. Samsuck's strategy is to completely ignore the previous model owners the moment their new phone is released.
    i'm not even lying, i just formed the same opinion.. it's going to be the 9900 or nexus prime, i'm stuck in between both phones so i'm leaving it up to whichever phone gets released 1st

i want yall to understand why i really enjoy the idea of having a media phone, sounds like a lot of fun that blackberry can't deliver which isn't a bad thing because the physical keyboard is also a hardcore motivator for the bold. i really didnt start looking for other phones until this earlier this morning which is why i was all gung-** for for GS2, but the nexus prime is definitely a contender with my not-gonna-wait-much-longer bold 9900
    Last edited by TheyCallMeBriaN; 09-12-11 at 05:57 PM.
    09-12-11 05:53 PM
    The 99x0 is a good media phone. Not games, but a lot of other things. But most of all, it's the best communications device out there. Video looks good, audio sounds good, photos are "decent". Eh.

09-12-11 06:02 PM
    Depends on your needs. I have the and the 9930 and the S2, and the S2 is a better overall phone. With all the keyboard options in Android its very easy to type on. But on Android in my opinion email is weak and BB is still king. It all depends on your needs.
    Last edited by donnation; 09-12-11 at 06:20 PM.
    09-12-11 06:18 PM
    I would choose the SG2 over any other android or iPhone. I believe it truly is the best all touchscreen device out there but for me and the things that were most important to me, we're done the best on the BB9900, easily.
    09-12-11 06:24 PM
    Bb email is more of a hype now. You can't sync all of your old gmail, for example.
    Trying other platform, especially Android, requires slot of Research and tweaks. At the end of the day you got customized phone which serves most of your needs, and you understand the system better. Bb and ios is pretty much a closed system, nothing much you can do until you get spoonfed the next update.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 06:29 PM
    i also hear that this BB doesnt ahve the greatest battery life also?
    BlackBerrys have great battery life on average. There are individual issues, but the platform overall is known for getting good battery life. I am getting 2+ days easily on my 9930.
    09-12-11 06:32 PM
    Any one is waiting for the 9790? I think it can be a good reason not to buy GS2
    09-12-11 06:54 PM
    You want a media phone. This isn't a media-focused phone. Problem solved.

09-12-11 06:57 PM
    I just got a new HTC Sensation 4G and I am quite surprised at how well it works. It is fast, does email well, good quality, excellent screen, stable, and the battery lasts more than a day.
    09-12-11 07:01 PM
    reason #1:
    the SGS 2 will resell for about 100-200 dollars next year.
    9900 will resell for 300-400.
    09-12-11 07:04 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD