I have a small business account (6 lines) with AT&T. I upgraded at the end of November from my beloved Bold 9000 to the 9900. I figured it was the best of both worlds, my 9000 with a touch screen. After 2 weeks, the 9900 started rebooting, something I wasn't too alarmed about, my past Blackberry(s) did this on occasion too. Then it became more frequent, and on top of that, it froze, dropped calls constantly, delivered texts and e-mails hours after being sent etc., you get the idea. Since it was 32 days (30 day return) it was swapped for another (not new in box) by AT&T Service Center by me. Had it 10 days and same all over again. Service guy confirmed problems and had another replacement shipped to me. Never had this kind of bad luck with phones before, but 2 days ago I received it, and it's freezing, rebooting randomly, and the track pad is jammed and has to be pushed hard occasionally to work. If you're still reading, lol, my question is, do I swap again for a "replacement", or do I call Corporate and request a new, in-box 9900, if they would even consider it? Love the 9900, just want it to work without ALL the problems. Any suggestions appreciated!
    01-21-12 03:32 PM
    Sorry to here that mate. That is very unfortunate. I hope your luck to turns around soon. The 9900 is an awesome device when it's working well. I would definitely try to get a brand new unopened unit.
    01-21-12 04:55 PM
    Insist on a brand new one. And I would suggest that you try to figure out if there's an app that's causing problems. I've had my Bold 9930 for about a month now, and I haven't had any problems with it...at all...yet...

Maybe you can use it without any 3rd party apps for a few days. Then, install an app every day or two until the problem returns. That should give a pretty good indication as to which app is potentially causing problems with the OS.

Just a thought...
    01-21-12 06:25 PM
    If it happens again like kthhrrsn suggested I would demand a brand new one in the box!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 06:44 PM
    Insist on a new Blackberry 9900. Package everything back up in the box and return it. No one should have to receive a refurbished unit within that time period. I think everything in the box is suspect, from the battery to the charger. So, give it all back to them.

Good luck!
    01-21-12 07:05 PM
    I have a small business account (6 lines) with AT&T. I upgraded at the end of November from my beloved Bold 9000 to the 9900. I figured it was the best of both worlds, my 9000 with a touch screen. After 2 weeks, the 9900 started rebooting, something I wasn't too alarmed about, my past Blackberry(s) did this on occasion too. Then it became more frequent, and on top of that, it froze, dropped calls constantly, delivered texts and e-mails hours after being sent etc., you get the idea. Since it was 32 days (30 day return) it was swapped for another (not new in box) by AT&T Service Center by me. Had it 10 days and same all over again. Service guy confirmed problems and had another replacement shipped to me. Never had this kind of bad luck with phones before, but 2 days ago I received it, and it's freezing, rebooting randomly, and the track pad is jammed and has to be pushed hard occasionally to work. If you're still reading, lol, my question is, do I swap again for a "replacement", or do I call Corporate and request a new, in-box 9900, if they would even consider it? Love the 9900, just want it to work without ALL the problems. Any suggestions appreciated!
    Sounds like they have a bad batch of phones.. It sucks that thats happened, I have heard of people going though 4 iphones too, seems to happen as the more advanced phones get I guess.. I would call corporate..
    01-21-12 07:11 PM
    i am on my second 9900 which was brand new in the box, and i have the same exact problems that you have. i have done everything i know to try to get it fixed, with no success.

to be perfectly honest with you i think the 9900 is loaded with random hardware and software problems that can come up at the wrong time.

and the worst part is it rebooted while i was on a very important business call- needless to say it made a very bad impression.

see if you can get a brand new replacement- and best of luck.
    01-21-12 08:49 PM
    I did Have a Random reboot while using BB traffic today. I'm using .576. Also have been getting horrible battery life today.
    01-21-12 08:52 PM
    No doubt that the 9900 is a good looking device. Unfortunately os7 devices, including the 9900, have rushed to the market so they can meet a 2011 launch. Expect this problem to be persistent.

I am also experiencing the same problem, including a random bricking. Bbx devices won't fare much better as the company still doesn't have a working unit as of today.

If you can switch to an iphone...I will this is my last blackberry device.
    01-21-12 09:53 PM
    Ahhh guys I feel sorry for all who facing problems, its my first BB but luckily I haven't countered any issues yet. There were minor glitches I faced but that's maybe because I have OS 7.1.0.205 running. Hopefully you will get a nice issue free handset soon.
    01-21-12 10:24 PM
    The crazy thing is, I haven't installed ANY 3rd party apps, figuring if there were any problems, I'd be able to troubleshoot easier. I'm going to insist on a new in-box replacement, just not sure who to actually contact? We have a corporate store close by, but they're the ones that said replacements had to be arranged through Service Center after 30 days. Any suggestions, or should I just call customer service and hope they listen? Thanks for all the advice!
    01-22-12 07:06 AM
    I do not mean to sound very pessimistic here and I truly know where you are coming from as my 9900 has also been giving me problems recently- but I got so turned off by the entire 9900 experience that I just want to ditch it altogether.

If you still want it replaced with another 9900 then I wish you all the luck. But I think it's time for us to abandon ship.
    01-22-12 07:52 AM
    I would also ask for a new in-box replacement. Hardly out of your 30 days, but cooperate stores are so tied down go trying to give you a break, so probably have to call customer care.

If it does it once more, I believe you can go with a different phone all together. Seems these phones were certainly rushed out. The more I read in here, the more I get turned off from it. I was just in a store messing with one for close to an hour and love it.......when it works.

I know my luck, lol!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-22-12 04:14 PM
    I am on my 2nd from sprint....same issues....2nd was new in box and is still having the same issues....Sprint is letting me out of my contract on Feb 1st if the issues continue....Id look at a different phone, thats what I am doing
    01-23-12 08:04 PM
    Thats very unfortunate.
    I am on my first from Vodafone UK and no issues here. I own it since since mid august and never had a single problem. I say to those who are complainin about their build quality get a Vodafone UK handset, in addition I have never heard a Vodafone UK 9900 brick
    Liptonice likes this.
    01-23-12 08:57 PM
    only issues I have is when I receive a bb message the sound keeps on even if I reply right away, sometimes I make a call and i cant hear the person I am calling in this case I reboot and phone works ok and the one that worries me is the screen when I make a call and I finish and by mistake I touch the screen it dials a phone that i havent had a call before, this last issue is crazy, have to use the lock screen all the time.
    01-23-12 09:46 PM
    Update: So, AT&T told me the current 9900 I have is in fact a "new" phone. They had me stay on line with them while I wiped and re-loaded OS yesterday. 1 hour later...wait for it...yep, reboot. Today, they said they're sending me a new charger and battery because they don't believe it's a phone problem, so we'll see what happens then. Uggg!
    01-24-12 11:08 AM
    Update: So, AT&T told me the current 9900 I have is in fact a "new" phone. They had me stay on line with them while I wiped and re-loaded OS yesterday. 1 hour later...wait for it...yep, reboot. Today, they said they're sending me a new charger and battery because they don't believe it's a phone problem, so we'll see what happens then. Uggg!
    did you restore it with the same files and apps that were on your BB previous to the wipe? If i look at the puzzle here, it looks like the people who have problems with the 9900, seem to have problems with every single 9900 the receive afterwards. Wiping the OS is great, as it completely resets the device, but im assuming if you put your old backup on there, it doesnt make much sense.

I dont know if im right or wrong, but is it possible that customers coming from bb6/5/4 have maybe something from their backup files that are not 100% compatible? Especially apps. Its very important to battery pull after you delete an app or install one, regardless of if it asks you to reboot or not.

Im not questioning your methods of using a phone, im simply throwing theories around. What do you guys think?
    01-24-12 01:14 PM
    Try updating to 7.1 it seem there are less problems with it
    01-24-12 03:43 PM
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Admission: I am a former BB enthusiast. Had a number of BlackBerries for about five years; switched to Android about five months ago and have never looked back.

Sad what has happened to RIM.
    01-24-12 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD