Howdy folks,

So I have been searching through the forums because I heard my otterbox (which is in the mail) does not have the best of screen protectors. And I wanna keep my baby safe!

So I looked at zagg after hearing good things but then found out they have their logo on the bottom corner and some people thought the touch screen was a tad sticky with them. So then I found the bodyguardz protectors. I was also thinking itd be swell to get a privacy protector so no one can peep on me; any feedback on those? I am assuming I would lose some brightness with them.

So right now I am wrestling between these two:

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz

Also I was really hoping to get the 3M version of the privacy protector; I know they are a solid company. But it appears on their website they dont have any up for the 9900 yet; any news on this? Does it take them a few months to make new ones?

thanks!
    09-22-11 08:10 AM
    I never use the permanent ones any more they are too costly and the three pack from Verizon usually last the life of the device. Whenever I would get a replacement from Vzw I would loose a cover with the three pack I have more to apply.
    09-22-11 08:13 AM
    Privacy protectors are too dark for me, and with polarized sunglasses on I couldn't see the screen!
    ZAGG is great. The logo is nearly invisible in reality and I have no sticky feel.
    09-22-11 08:27 AM
    I had the ZAGG and besides the logo (how stupid can a company be!), I really hated the texture and orange peel effect.

Ended up replacing it with a protector from Clarivue.com. Get 2 in a pack, no application fluid to use like ZAGG and doesn't dull the screen at all. Very happy with it.
    09-22-11 08:31 AM
    I have always used ZAGG and love it. I do have "MINOR" orange peel, but its minimal and doesn't bother me at all. People who have huge orange peel problems did not put it on properly.
    However.... I went to BB to get one for the 9930 and they had a "SMUDGE FREE" Zagg. I tried it and DO NOT LIKE IT. It has more of a matte finish and really distorts the display.
    I will be getting the regular one instead.
    09-22-11 09:30 AM
    09-22-11 09:37 AM
    ...I've been using the screen protector that came w/ my Otterbox Commuter for the last 3 weeks or so and it's been absolutely fine, no problems at all w/ either its protective qualities or any discernible affect on the screen itself
    09-22-11 10:59 AM
    [QUOTE=fnord;6698552]I had the ZAGG and besides the logo (how stupid can a company be!), QUOTE]

Yeah, I really hate it like when Blackberry puts their logo on their phones, and Sony, Panasonic and LG put their logos on their products!

No, the ZAGG doesn't interfere with anything and is nearly invisible on anything other than a pure white screen. Geez
    09-22-11 01:11 PM
    Using the ones from Verizon work fine for me. The person who mentioned it earlier was right; the ones from Verizon do last the life of the device.
    09-22-11 01:33 PM
    Yeah, I really hate it like when Blackberry puts their logo on their phones, and Sony, Panasonic and LG put their logos on their products!

No, the ZAGG doesn't interfere with anything and is nearly invisible on anything other than a pure white screen. Geez
    I'm sorry, but that's not nearly the same thing! The product is called Invisible Shield!!
    The logo might be small, and I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but their product is no longer as advertised and was noticeable to me on many screens (not just pure white) - eg while browsing, emails, txts...

I had paid money to protect my phone from scratches that might detract from the screen, not to place one there!

FYI - I reached out to ZAGG (who offered me a free replacement sans logo) and they 1st denied that the logo existed, and then referred to it as a "defect".
    mssca likes this.
    09-22-11 01:52 PM
    Best Skins Ever on my 9900... fits perfectly total body skin. (didn't use the ones for the rubber around the battery cover).
    09-22-11 01:55 PM
    I've always gone with Zagg's Invisibleshield on my Blackberries... Always worked well for me...
    09-22-11 04:51 PM
    huh, so I ordered a defender otterbox, so maybe I will wait to see how quality that screen protector is. And if its poor, maybe ill go with a BES or privacy protector.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
    09-22-11 05:05 PM
    Always have used Zagg's on my Blackberry's. Love them, I just find them to be really difficult to put on. I usually take it to best buy and have them do it, they put it on perfectly.
    09-22-11 09:55 PM
    Unfortunately they do not have skins for the 9930.......
    09-24-11 07:10 AM
    Unfortunately they do not have skins for the 9930.......
    Thats strange.. i swear i put one on my phone a month ago :s

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Skin
    09-25-11 11:57 AM
    Hey Guys,

The 3M Privacy Filter UPC Code is 51128-7994-9. It was just released on NOV/1/2011. Not sure if it's in circulation yet to stores or getting it online, but I'm trying to get one myself.
    11-16-11 12:57 PM
    [QUOTE=chasvs;6699274]
    I had the ZAGG and besides the logo (how stupid can a company be!), QUOTE]

They placed the logo on the screen's usable part which get in the way of the screen. This is the problem. Why didn't say place it in the black top part for example? It is annoying... Blackberry didn't place their logo in the middle of the screen on the glass did they?
    11-16-11 06:21 PM
    Skinomi on Amazon is the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 11:03 PM
    Hey Guys,

The 3M Privacy Filter UPC Code is 51128-7994-9. It was just released on NOV/1/2011. Not sure if it's in circulation yet to stores or getting it online, but I'm trying to get one myself.
    this is out...thinking of purchasing. has anyone purchased? i called 3m - technical service says it DOES work with touchscreen. I am fine with the loss of brightness.

Does anyone have an as effective privacy screen protector on their 9930 as they had on, let's say, their bold 9650 or Tour?
    01-30-12 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD