I am reading in certain posts that some people have 300mb free on their new Bolds. How the heck did they get so much mem free? I am currently at 200 with only a few apps loaded after 2 days of using my Bold.
    09-25-11 06:40 AM
    You can free up another 50MB by deleting all unused languages, you can do this via your DM
    09-25-11 06:41 AM
    You can free up another 50MB by deleting all unused languages, you can do this via your DM

I am curious why you are not allowed to delete some of the East Asian characters on DM. Some of them are very large files like the traditional chinese characters at 5mb. I guess a shrink would take care of the ones I can not delete?
    09-25-11 07:36 AM
    Not sure. Are you talking about Chinese Input? or Fonts? You should be able to delete both. Also, connect your phone to explorer (PC) and delete those random country EULAs...shave off a few more MBs I guess.
    09-25-11 07:43 AM
    Not sure. Are you talking about Chinese Input? or Fonts? You should be able to delete both. Also, connect your phone to explorer (PC) and delete those random country EULAs...shave off a few more MBs I guess.
    They were listed in the DM with an "x" to the right of them. Most I was able to delete by hitting the "x", but some I could not click the "x" to delete. Like you said this probably has to be done within explorer.
    09-25-11 07:49 AM
    They were listed in the DM with an "x" to the right of them. Most I was able to delete by hitting the "x", but some I could not click the "x" to delete. Like you said this probably has to be done within explorer.
    East Asian Characters and Font Support

You should be able to expand that heading and individually delete all the installed languages.
    09-25-11 07:54 AM
    East Asian Characters and Font Support

You should be able to expand that heading and individually delete all the installed languages.

Actually it wouldn't let me strange enough. Maybe I will need this in the future lol!

Doing it this way also takes forever! Just deleted a few items and everything is updating. Maybe a new OS is loading since my phone is only 2 days old.
    09-25-11 07:59 AM
    Actually it wouldn't let me strange enough. Maybe I will need this in the future lol!

Doing it this way also takes forever! Just deleted a few items and everything is updating. Maybe a new OS is loading since my phone is only 2 days old.
    You do not have to Apply the changes after deleting one language, you may select uninstall for all of them and then apply the changes.
    09-25-11 08:23 AM
    255mb free and i have loads of apps
    09-25-11 08:25 AM
    I have 261MBs free with all languages and terms and input support. 17 apps as well. More than enough imo
    09-25-11 08:27 AM
    You do not have to Apply the changes after deleting one language, you may select uninstall for all of them and then apply the changes.
    Evidently a new OS was updated when I hit apply changes to all the languages hence the length of time. Now I am currently at 233mb.
    09-25-11 08:57 AM
    OK this is gonna be a newb question, but why is it I deleted all languages from the DM, but when I look in internet explorer under Blackberry User Tools(G)/files/Languages there are like 20-30 languages still there? Also under countries they are there as well.
    09-25-11 09:11 AM
    OK this is gonna be a newb question, but why is it I deleted all languages from the DM, but when I look in internet explorer under Blackberry User Tools(G)/files/Languages there are like 20-30 languages still there? Also under countries they are there as well.

Those are not languages but rather end user agreements for all the countries. You can delete at anytime.
    09-25-11 09:19 AM
    Evidently a new OS was updated when I hit apply changes to all the languages hence the length of time. Now I am currently at 233mb.

I don't know what to tell you. Delete all the language files again. Start from the first step. Don't see how your deleting your language support files would equate to an OS upgrade...
    09-25-11 09:20 AM
    I only have 186 MB... those pre-loaded background images are on this memory or the 6GB or so internal memory? If it is on 186 MB of app memory, how can I delete them? Where can I get a link to a shrinking program? I have used BB-Boss before.
    09-25-11 09:51 AM
    BBHybrid-Tool v4.9.3

Other than the obvious pics, music files, What shall I shrink? I don't know what some options are?

Here is an in depth explanation:

Amazon MP3 Store: Shop 17 million songs and play your music on your BlackBerry

Application Center: Application Center is for your carrier to push applications to you. (not needed usually as you can get your select apps from AppWorld

AT&T Hotspot: Free AT&T Wi-Fi access at thousands of hotspot locations nationwide (works only on select devices for AT&T Users only, check with your carrier)

Backup Assistant: Performs the same functions as the the regular back up through DM, works only for Verizon customers and is not needed!

Chinese Dictionary: As the title says, if you're not chinese, shrink it!

City ID: Shows the number of the caller and their state, only works with a few carriers and is safe to shrink.

DocsToGo: Office like apps for your BlackBerry (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to view & edit Microsoft Office files.

DoD Certificates: Department of Defence use encrypted cetrificates which are enbedded on CAC card this module allows the Blackberry to read the information on the card correctly so the user can actually use their handheld. If you don't work for the Department of Defense, shrink it!

Event Log Viewer: Shows the event log of your BlackBerry, only useful if you are having constant problems and want to give the information to a tech-support agent.

G3eWalk: Chinese module that is a potential malware feeder, SHRINK IT!

Help Files: BlackBerry help files for n00bies, safe to shrink

IT Policy Viewer: The IT policy viewer permits a user to view IT policy rules from the Security policy group and Password policy group that have values configured. If you are not using a work BlackBerry, shrink it!

Lunar Calendar: Chinese calendar to display the Tiong Hua Tiong Hua calendar year. Safe to srhink.

Memopad: Useful app for taking notes on your BlackBerry.

Mobile Stock: No additional info found

music.cn: useless chinese music app

Mobile Market: useless app, shrink safely

Mobile Reader: useless app, shrink safely

movitalk: useless carrier pushed app, safe to shrink

MyFaves: useless T-Mobile pushed apps, safe to shrink

Password Keeper/Wizard: An app that stores all your passwords safely, shrink it if you don't use it

PIMClient: no additional info found, shrink if you've never used it

Setup Wizard: Setup wizard for e-mails, BBM, Wifi, Bluetooth. Not recommended to be shrunk.

Sure Type T12: Suretype works when you can spell, or use words that are not common

Slacker: Personal Radio for your BlackBerry, safe to shrink if you don't use it.

S/MIME Support: Blackberry S/MIME is a component of the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

T-Mobile Backup: If you are not a T-Mobile customer, shrink this

Tasks: Useful app for sheculing your tasks.

TeleNav: Carrier pushed app, shrink if you don't use it

TTY (Hearing-Impaired): TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attach a TeleType device.

VCAST Music: Verizon pushed app that can identify a song you hear using the VCast Song ID, Useless!

VCAST Raphsody: Works with VCAST Music to identify songs, useless!!

Verizon Push-To-Talk: PTT app for Verizon customers only; shrink if you are not one.

Visual Voice Mail: Allows users to view their voice mail messages in a message list and quickly see the details of a voice mail message, such as the sender, the length of the voice mail message, the date, and the time. Only works on a few carriers.

Vodafone Music App: Vodafone Music is developed by RealNetworks, Inc. and only works for Vodafone users. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

Voice Activated Dialing: Gives you the ability to say the name of the person you wish to call. Useful app but shrink if you don't ever use it.

Voice Notes Recorder: Enables you to record voice notes rather than type them. Useful app and not recommended to be shrunk.

VZ Navigator: Verizon pushed app that tells you where you are and what's nearby, providing turn-by-turn directions to get to your destination on time. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

YouTube: as the name implies, an app that enables you to easil view YouTube videos on your BlackBerry

Accessibility options: Includes many features that facilitate use by persons with disabilities.

Bluetooth: Essential for the functionality of Bluetooth connectivity on your device. Only shrink it if you never use Bluetooth.

Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (still shots) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Video Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (Video Recording) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Default 102DM: If you don't know what this is, then you probably shouldn't be shrinking it.

Engineering Screen: Hidden menu for the purpose of debugging for developers in Blackberry mobile phone which is named as Engineering Mode and contains some hidden options. Shrink if you don't need it.

OTA Upgrade: essential if you rely on updating your device Over The Air (carrier OS), shrink if you usually update yourself.

MBP Files: Mobile Books, I have always shrunk this with 0 problems.
    Is there program that I can use so that I can plug in the phone and delete some of the .cod files on the phone itself?
    09-25-11 10:07 AM
    I used this tool to shrink the video and pictures but they still show up on the phone and i always get some java error every time i shrink only on start up though.
    09-25-11 11:06 AM
    Deleted languages through the setup folder. Deleted a bunch of other bloatware through the Application Manager. I currently have 232mb file free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 11:20 AM
    Is there anyway you can post a picture of your DM application manager? I like to free up more space on my BB 9930 as well, but no matter what I do, I don't seem to have more than 200mb... Thanks!
    10-31-11 10:58 PM
    hmm thats impressive to have that much available memory, as i have shrunk my os, i have about 9 Apps running with 243mb
    PS all languages, games, font support have been removed.
    11-01-11 12:36 AM
    I went through and deleted language files and country agreement files on my Bold 9930 but that only increased device memory (8gb) not the application memory. I'm sitting at around 147mb free on average. Ugh
    12-29-11 03:06 AM
    However, I think there may be a confusion between free application memory and free memory. Just looked at my free memory under Application management and I was around 242mb. Should be noted that app memory is listed separately.
    12-29-11 03:19 AM
    These are all the apps I have installed and I have 200MB free

BBM
    AppWorld
    windows Live Messenger
    BB Maps
    Facebook
    Twitter
    JaxtrSMS
    Wikitude
    Smart Tags
    Docs To Go
    BB Bridge
    BB Protect
    Shazam
    Foursquare
    Whatsapp
    Navita Translator
    iSPeech Translator
    BeamExplorer
    Photo Editor Ultimate
    Google Maps
    Train info
    Vlingo
    Nobex Radio
    AccuWeather
    RealContact
    QR Code Scanner Pro
    12-29-11 06:09 AM
    Thats ultra shrinking lol
    12-29-11 06:25 AM
    Over 233MB free with more than 20 apps installed, virtually no memory leak, low discharge rate, and an almost full device memory... it doesn't get much better than that

12-29-11 06:37 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD