i just take a picture of my family blackberry 9900
    actually there's 5 in my home, but the other 2 was not available at the time of the photo taking
    (they are also has different "color" screen)

here's you can see that the screen color are so much different between them
    all is set to 100% brightness and no automatically dim.

the left one is very yellowish
    the middle one is somewhere in the middle (perfect white?)
    the right one is very blueish

this is not a professional test and i took this using my blackberry 9700
    so the picture quality might not be that good.
    and also in this picture , the color differences is seems subtle unlike in the real life where its very ver noticeable, sometimes it does really makes me feel uncomfortable.
    for example the "blueish" screen makes red color very washed out
    and the "yellowish " screen makes the white so yellowish it kind of looking in to an old crt monitor.

i know Blackberry are not a professional gadgets for color temperature
    but at least their quality control or parts sourcing should be more consistent than this.

like i said before
    this is their "flag ship" phone and to have a flagship phones that have these kind of quality control, its such a shame!

don't get me started on their porsche edition P9981
    i only have 1 P9981 and yesterday when I'm at a bar with my colleagues, "not" to my amazement , both have different color too !!!

02-23-12 12:22 PM
    Your going to get this type of thing in any electronics today. Mass production is the way of the world and quality control went out the window.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 12:26 PM
    02-23-12 12:27 PM
    Like ESN stated, I don't think it was a conscious decision on the BB assembly. Just a matter of availablity on the suppliers part. I actually prefer the blue ones over yellow or white. To my eyes they transfer color resolution better.
    02-23-12 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD