The 9900 is fail in the battery department.

No one wants to admit it.

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

People that say they get 2 days out of it are lying.

Massive epic lies.

RIM killed the one great feature we adore.
    Of course. We are all telling lies. And we are all part of the 'conspiracy' to hide the truth about Bold 9900's battery life. Sure, why not?

We are probably being paid heavily by RIM to waste a lot of time and effort to forge proofs of our usage stats like mine below.

It makes sense, right? A lot more sense than a few defective units/batteries and/or some dumb users, right? Of course it does. That's too simple an explanation. The truth has to be dark and hidden from the common man. The conspiracy nut is never wrong, I believe.
    Tuborgmann likes this.
    09-12-11 08:58 AM
    Simsim, looking at those figures you must almost never use your phone....
    Last edited by JonM1888; 09-12-11 at 12:58 PM.
    09-12-11 12:45 PM
    I've had 8330/8330M/9630/9650/9670 and now 9930....I'm getting the best battery life ever on this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 12:47 PM

I bought 3 new batteries from Verizon to test if its a batter issue and its still a battery fail. I get 6 hours max for regular use.

Massive epic lies.

Then explain how I've had pandora streaming since 10am this morning plus browsing, bbm, and about 50 texts so far and I have 85% battery life.

Oh wait, I know how to make my device use the least amount of power for what I need to do instead of leaving everything at default and then complaining about poor battery life.

09-12-11 01:21 PM
    So I just bought Meterberry.... My Average discharge is 27.5% per hour... Holy ****!
    09-12-11 01:23 PM
    Then explain how I've had pandora streaming since 10am this morning plus browsing, bbm, and about 50 texts so far and I have 85% battery life.

Oh wait, I know how to make my device use the least amount of power for what I need to do instead of leaving everything at default and then complaining about poor battery life.

Care to share your expertise?
    09-12-11 01:24 PM
    The app management usage screen lies. If you play pandora for 2 hours straight, it only lists the duration of time that the screen is powered on for total usage time. This applies to all applications, so it's basically a semi-useless statistic.

Also every ones coverage is different, which drastically changes battery life even when idle. If you sit in a building with in-and-out reception 10 hours a day your idle battery life will be drastically worse.
    Last edited by papped; 09-12-11 at 01:27 PM.
    09-12-11 01:25 PM
    So I just bought Meterberry.... My Average discharge is 27.5% per hour... Holy ****!
    I may have jumped the gun... Its now saying 9.2% hmmm!
    09-12-11 01:25 PM
    lol. Unlike most people I have a converse ratio usage of my phone in relation to how busy I am. The busier I am the more I am glued to my computer screen and ignore the phone. And vice-versa, I play a lot with the phone when I'm not so stressed. Not games, but just general chatting and admin of the the settings, preferences, music, radio etc.

That reading was after a hectic time at work

But as another poster said above, Meterberry does not give 100% accurate readings (in the short term). Lots of little "if's" and "buts" affect immediate stats. But over a week of routine use the readings are very accurate and my 9900 has averaged about 5% battery drain/hour over it's life to date. If you have a different regime every single day and no 2 days are the same, it is difficult to have an "average" per hour power drain reading.

The lowest I've had when I've plonked it into the pod at night is 35% and the highest 65%!
    Last edited by simsim1000; 09-12-11 at 01:38 PM.
    09-12-11 01:36 PM
    Care to share your expertise?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/blackberry-bold-9900-battery-issues-tips-644519/

GG

09-12-11 04:13 PM
    Also how are yous takin a screenshot of Meterberry? None of the SS app's I've got will allow it
    09-12-11 05:52 PM
    I have noticed that the thing drains quickly if I have a lot of social apps running in the background. Also seems to be marginally better on WiFi, too.
    09-12-11 08:22 PM
    Also how are yous takin a screenshot of Meterberry? None of the SS app's I've got will allow it
    CaptureIt. It will show up in every BB-button menu.

09-12-11 08:42 PM
    Screen Grabber (the free one). It will come up as an option in most menus, or you can assign the convenience key for it. Creates a Screen Grabs Folder in your Pictures Folder and plonks them there.
    09-13-11 05:22 AM
    I just got my new Bold 9900 and after 12 hour use, i feel very disappointed with battery performance.

Battery only can last for 5 hour for first charge and 3 hour for second charge, and i was in my office for the whole day with 2G/3G + wifi on. And i only got approximately 50 mail a day.
    My last blackberry torch, can stay at least 1,5 days ( off @ 11.30pm and on @6.00am)

If RIM didn't do anything with battery performance, this is my first time i felt very disappointed with the RIM product after my 4th generation blackberry.

I don't know if possible to return back my blackberry to RIM, as i'm located in Indonesia and we never have such policy to return the phone back to supplier ( pity me)
    09-13-11 07:06 AM
    I just got my new Bold 9900 and after 12 hour use, i feel very disappointed with battery performance.

Battery only can last for 5 hour for first charge and 3 hour for second charge, and i was in my office for the whole day with 2G/3G + wifi on. And i only got approximately 50 mail a day.
    My last blackberry torch, can stay at least 1,5 days ( off @ 11.30pm and on @6.00am)

If RIM didn't do anything with battery performance, this is my first time i felt very disappointed with the RIM product after my 4th generation blackberry.

I don't know if possible to return back my blackberry to RIM, as i'm located in Indonesia and we never have such policy to return the phone back to supplier ( pity me)
    Could it be your signal reception? If its constantly switching between 2G and 3G thatll drain your battery worse than any app. Also, maybe give it another day or two to monitor your usage.

09-13-11 09:36 AM

Massive epic lies.

Just ANOTHER BS Post from you! Way to keep it full of CRAP!
    09-13-11 10:33 AM
    Delete the social feeds app. Why take the chance of disabling the feeds, yet keep the app?. Just use the individual apps for the social networks. Made significant difference for me.
    09-13-11 10:41 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD