Had thought about moving back to 9900 from q10...various reasons...most have to do with ease and functionality. Each person has to sort out what the BB they want is supposed to do. As impressed as I am with the q10, for my needs, the simplicity and ease of use of the 9900 I had were tough to beat. I'm running the Q10 1925 leak which is good. I'm not into apps much at all. Email, texts, calendar...and oh yes, phone!

Question about 2014 service going forward for Bold has been the final decision piece. I know there are questions all over Crackberry about support etc and what legacy devices will look like by 2015-2016.. ATT still allows me to use a 9900 as my data plan device so good for me if I wanted to go that way. I'd like to run on my 9900 what I ran in the past...a gmail email, hotmail email and yahoo email. And to manage my one gmail calendar and keep my gmail contacts synced. And suspect that might work probably for the most part with the current Blackberry service (BIS right?). I know the Google active sync is gone...but I recall my Blackberry service kept all of them synced with my laptop version. By the way, I'm not wedding to Google for email, calendar and contacts...just like to have a system I can sync between my laptop and phone. So open to any suggestions on Google alternatives. Its just me by the way, no enterprise requirements. And I'm on ATT here in the Capital district of upstate NY so have strong signals here.

Just not having enough confidence in the Legacy OS support going forward. Not so much interested in staying with Google. So open to suggestions on what I can expect or might do to enhance my email/calendar/contacts experience going forward?
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 02-22-14 at 07:06 PM. Reason: revised some thinking and expressions
    02-14-14 11:30 PM
    Sooner or later all good things unfortunately have to come to an end.

In the mean time enjoy the BIS email experience and hope that by the time BIS is closed that BB10 is on par with BBOS currently the only true professional communication device. BB10 is close but not there yet.

As for an alternative to gmail have you considered outlook.com?
    02-14-14 11:44 PM
    Used outlook off and on in past with work network...and see it with the hotmail connections...will check it out. Thanks.
    02-14-14 11:47 PM