The faster the charge, the less battery life you get that day. The more often you "Quick Charge" the shorter the lifespan of the battery. The error the OP received was because the 2Amp charger was too much so your statement about 2+Amps being necessary simply isn't true.

Like I said, the chargers I mentioned will do what the OP needs them to do and provide good battery life without harming the battery or the phone. Those are the facts.

The max output on the rapid charger for the PlayBook is 2Amps. For a phone it is much less, like 1Amp max.

Click to view quoted image
    Do you ever consider what others say or the things you read? For 1) when you buy a charger the amp rating is saying that the "charger" is safe to b used by a device that draws that current. Its not saying a device will be safe. Your device can draw more amps than the charger can handle so in that cause you need a higher amp charger. So your 2amp charger can be used by anything that pulls less than 2amps and your charger is safe. Your phone regulates the current and the charging. Go into the escreen and monitor the charging. Use a 2 amp and you'll see the phone is only using 750ma. Plug it up to the wall same thing. A 2 amp charger isn't forcing 2 amps on the phone. There's 2 common things that kill ion batteries. Under charge and over charge. Your blackberry will turn off charging when it get charged and it will turn your device off before the battery goes dead. When the phone shuts off because of battery it will turn back on. But once the system has posted and the battery management system sees the battery level it turns it back off. If the battery where drained it wouldn't turn back on. I've only killed 1 battery in my life and that was the one in my 9700 because it sat in a draw and never charged up for over a year. How do you figure the OP got a low power message because the charger gave to much power? Think about that? The charger is supplying the power in a protocol that the charging manger isn't supporting. By changing some settings it supports it.
    I'm only putting my dog in this hunt because its gotten to the point where a lot of us can't go into a store and buy stuff for our blackberrys because nobody cares stuff for it. Believe it or not some of us still lime to walk into a store and buy something instead of ordering online. We have to work outside the box. Your information isn't really correct. Its simple to just order on off line and get a Rim charger if that's what you want to do. But other chargers will work. Getting them to work is the key here. Some just work. Some you have to change setting on your device and others need another cable. We can make a list of known chargers for each situation and solution but that's for another thread.
    For the ones that said your menu in escreans only has force 100/500 and AC. AC is short for academy.
    FWIW if you change something in the escreens when you reboot its set back to default. So its not saved.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 07-16-12 at 10:02 PM.
    jamesjmunro and sydneygato like this.
    07-16-12 06:11 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD