1 week in for this iPhone defector to the Bold 9900.....have to say, loving it more each day

Model details first - Bold 9900, stock O2 UK software build, 2GB SD Card, one extra loaded MP3 ringtone, one new wallpaper

Fom getting it out of the box and switching on, thee just didn't seem to be much I wanted or needed to change about the profiles, appearance, sounds etc!!! Never had a phone that was near perfect from the word go!! Just added my fave ring tone, face text message alert and that was it!

Loving the facility to dock and have the unit go into 'bedside mode' - the ability to turn LEDs, message alerts etc BUT still leave phone and text alerts is great, especially when away on business when I want the phone part to be active in case the family need me!!! try THAT on an iphone!!!

Keyboard is amazing......so is the sound quality

Bluetooth works well, a few glitches with my VISEEO Mercedes adaptor, namely that sometimes there is no audio when answering a call, evene though it pairs instantly, but a quick button press on the VISEEO and it re-connects and all is good. Contacts sometimes work and sometimes don't, but the manual says no more than 650 and I have 1100!!! So, will delete a few and see how that goes! Could just be new BB software vs VISEEO needing update

Apps have been great - all my iphone daily faves, business and social, have had BB versions or very similar. Evernote a little disappointing in that it won't support offline notes, therefore having to reload the list every time....or I am doing something wrong?

LinkedIn needs to get their act in gear with a version for 9900, Dropbox working well....

Anyone know a good Profit margin calc app???

Battery life was a little concerning to start with....getting sbout 3/4 of the day, but, unlike so many Nokia-lovers, I have no issues with every day charging !!! But, a few power recycle charges and bizarrely, the charge is lasting longer! 20-30% at the end of a long, typical use day (1-2hr calls, BES push email, wifi and BT on)

Build quality is excellent. Wish the battery door was not the fingerprint magnet and something 'grippy' instead. Have bought a couple of snap on cases, and another leather pouch, but to be fair, love the look and feel when it is 'naked' and it is a different look and feel to the original Bold 9000 that I had before jumping the BB ship!

CrackBerry is a great place for advice and news - the CB FaceBook page gave me the heads up to download the updated DropBox app!

So, pleased as punch after week 1 'hammering' the Bold 9900 !

Just need LinkedIn and a margin calc now!!!

Cheers!
    flash24 likes this.
    09-10-11 01:27 AM
    Nice!
    How do you power recycle?
    Cheers.
    09-10-11 06:55 AM
    Just take off charge, and leave drain until empty
    09-10-11 07:28 AM
    Nice!
    How do you power recycle?
    Cheers.
    I'm pretty sure he meant "power cycles" as in discharging the battery then recharging it.
    09-10-11 07:29 AM
    Agree with everything you stated. This device has the best "phone" quality of anything I've used. Love taking calls on it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 07:39 AM
    Ah, sorry, I'm not sure of the term, all I do is just use the device extensively, wifi, BT and all, through out the day and not touching a power source until drained.....I did this 4-5 times and it seemed to increase battery time - at the end of subsequent days the charge left seemed to be more
    09-10-11 07:39 AM
    Agree with everything you stated. This device has the best "phone" quality of anything I've used. Love taking calls on it!

Indeed! Very good quality and not tinny like some of the previous phones I've used!
    09-10-11 07:41 AM
    how is the battery life
    09-10-11 09:31 AM
    Good... Full, heavy day use, still has juice at 10pm

09-10-11 09:34 AM
    Would you recommend this phone to someone who is thinking of upgrading to the blackberry 9900 from a iPhone 4 I'm getting a early upgrade from vodafone UK
    09-10-11 10:29 AM
    Would you recommend this phone to someone who is thinking of upgrading to the blackberry 9900 from a iPhone 4 I'm getting a early upgrade from vodafone UK
    I left the Android world for the 9930 (Verizon). I think the iPhone is a great phone - though I think the BB is more tightly integrated for communication (email, IM, Facebook, calendars, phone). Miles better than Android.

As far as hardware, the power is in the top third of phones, but not the top bleeding edge (the OS seems light enough weight that you won't feel like it is underpowered).

I think the multimedia aspects work well provided you aren't using DRM protected music in iTunes, or using their proprietary ALAC format...
    09-10-11 10:42 AM
    Thanks! I will make the switch then to the blackberry 9900, good that you are enjoying the new blackberry
    09-10-11 10:52 AM
    Yes, exactly the choice I made - BB is a more polished business email device

09-10-11 11:03 AM
    I left android for the 9930 and so far its great! The keyboard is awesome I hate typing on a touch screen not very accurate. There are some things I miss from android but things on the new bold overcome them. I also have a galaxy tab so still have some android in me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-10-11 11:37 AM
    Glad you love your bb as much as I do some people have had some issues (including me) but it will never be enough to make me move from BB devices! Canada FTW!

09-10-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD