Hi All*,
    Hopefully this is OK to post here.
    I think this may even be a topic worthy of a possible "Sticky" thread.
    As someone that purchase quite a LOT of themes, there are often description, some abbreviated, that not everyone understands.
    The first two I'd like someone to answer for me are:
    1) If a theme says it is "Wallpaper Friendly",
    does that mean that the wallpaper CAN be changed to any wallpaper You'd like?
    2) Similar to the first, "User Fonts" can be set to any font you'd like.

Many Thanks In Advance!!
    -JoeyLee*
    07-07-12 08:37 PM
    Wallpaper friendly should mean user choice for wallpaper and plenty of clear space for the display.

User fonts means some or all fonts are user choice.

For those of us on OS7 the limits are pretty severe. My theme addiction is shelved for a bit now. Otherwise themes are wonderful and a pretty fine part of the BB addiction. A very personalized device is a fine thing.
    07-08-12 04:44 AM
    Thanks "Sedalia",
    Although the "wallpaper friendly" issue is NOT one I've ever encountered here. I have now bought about 6 themes from BB App World, each one saying it's "Wallpaper Friendly", then once I purchase and download, NOT possible to change it. I've written to the "Creators"; and getting, at the most, "we will update that as soon as possible, but may take up to 10 days". (That one I just mentioned was TWO months ago!!)
    I appreciate your feedback, and hope that if there are others with similar situations, bring them here and see IF we can get a "Clear" response; as opposed to thinking we're crazy! LOL

Thank You*!
    -JoeyLee*
    07-08-12 08:09 AM
    A Question for All Of You Great Theme Devs!

In the past few weeks and longer, I purchase a few themes from App World, all stated they were "Wallpaper Friendly", but couldn't change at all! I wrote and rewrote to the Developer's "Support email". I received a response from one that said it would be updated within a week, but over a month later, and nothing. Now it seems they aren't even accepting my Emails. What to do?? This was all in App World.. (FYI)

Thanks In Advance for Any Help!
    -JoeyLee*
    07-12-12 05:30 AM
    A Question for All Of You Great Theme Devs!

In the past few weeks and longer, I purchase a few themes from App World, all stated they were "Wallpaper Friendly", but couldn't change at all! I wrote and rewrote to the Developer's "Support email". I received a response from one that said it would be updated within a week, but over a month later, and nothing. Now it seems they aren't even accepting my Emails. What to do?? This was all in App World.. (FYI)

Thanks In Advance for Any Help!
    -JoeyLee*
    If I understand correctly: you cant CHANGE the themes??? Malware!
    Than try a safe-start to delete the theme and install the default theme:
    1.battery pull (wait around 5-10 seconds)
    2.replace the battery
    (the red light appears)
    3.when the red light disappears press (AND HOLD!) the escape-button (right beside the touch-pad) for araound a minute or to the end of rebooting.
    4. The device works now in the safe-mode (that means NO apps and non-necessary programm are active!)
    5. Go to options, device (or similar), admistration of apps (or similar) and delete the malware/theme...
    6. reboot normaly and select an new theme...
    07-12-12 07:55 AM
    Says he can't change the wallpaper not the theme.
    joeylee likes this.
    07-12-12 08:35 AM
    Thanks Andy*,
    So, after Zero responses from the Theme Creators, to address my questions/concerns,
    do you know, by chance, where I can go to next (to write to)?
    -Thanks in Advance!
    -Joey*
    07-13-12 08:55 PM
    I'm not sure about who to contact on many different themes, but if you want an idea of which themes are good and which themes most popular I would suggest you PM JayDee. She is considered one of the BEST theme pickers. I usually follow her suggestions .
    07-13-12 09:56 PM
    I'm not sure about who to contact on many different themes, but if you want an idea of which themes are good and which themes most popular I would suggest you PM JayDee. She is considered one of the BEST theme pickers. I usually follow her suggestions .
    Thanks Spencer. I will try to live up to your expectations.
    JoeyLee...BBM me and I can answer your questions. I'm in your contact list.
    07-14-12 06:27 AM
    I'll drink to that!!!! Jaydee is one of the best on picking themes. I'm constantly asking her advise on themes also!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-14-12 06:52 AM
    Thanks To All* Above! I'll be in touch JayDee*!
    07-14-12 08:11 AM
    I suggested to Joey that he stick with reputable theme developers such as those who design and post here for us. I told him that by looking at themes from drkapprentice, Pootermobile, Mobster Mobile, Foppa, Lucky 45, Molson0, Simple Design, CJH, Raypho, Walker, OSBB and others I am sure I have forgotten to mention, (so please forgive) that he would be in better shape than just blindly buying one off App World. The developers here are RESPONSIVE to their customers and are WILLING to answer and correct any issues, if they exist.

Since Joey has some themes that make him happy, he is all set. (But has learned an expensive lesson, nonetheless).

PS Please understand I am not saying there are NOT gems in App World. Indeed, many creative people feature their work there. I just suggested to Joey to START here and see what he might like and be cautious when choosing from someone he doesn't recognize. Don't anyone think I am slamming App World or the people who sell there. I am not. TY
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-14-12 at 10:23 AM.
    Spencerdl and joeylee like this.
    07-14-12 10:04 AM
    You're in GOOD hands now Joey....
    07-14-12 10:35 AM
    I sure am Spencer... Wish I'd have asked about $50 or so ago, LOL! It's amazing to me that they, some of the "creators", guarantee satisfaction, but then do not even respond!
    Lesson Learned the hard way, and Expensively!
    Thank You So Much JayDee*!!! You're a True Friend*!
    -Joey*
    Thanks to Everyone Else As Well!!!
    07-14-12 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD