Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    Possibly
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Am I mistaken or have I see these themes before?

I am seeing a lot of themes I believe I have seen before turning up in app world. I am pretty sure they aren't OS 7 compatible though they state otherwise. Please don't download these but here are a few I think I have seen before:

Buy Ancient Victor - Download Ancient Victor - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

Buy Winter Snow - Download Winter Snow - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

Buy Cooluses cUp - Download Cooluses cUp - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

I am pretty sure this is a rgarling theme I had on my 9700 would love to have it on my 9900 if it is legit but reviews for another theme by this developer lead me to believe it is not.
    Buy Mystery Space - Download Mystery Space - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

I don't want to accuse anyone of wrong doing but is there a way to notify App World that these might be scams?
    If you are looking for cool weather skins you can find them here:
    www.themesinmotion.com
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    11,443 Global Posts

As far as I know, you can't really do much about it. There really isn't a way to flag App World stuff like that. You could try contacting the original vendor, they may be able to flag it. It's been happening quite a bit lately with apps and themes.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask :3

i've seen these too Cat. it's such a joke. i don't know who'd do such a thing! hopefully people wont fall for their tricks. thanks for the heads up!
    PROUD Mummy, loving girlfriend. turtle fanatic
    never seen WITHOUT my HTC one

[former BL Ultimate Hybrid user ]
    ..be one too!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    13,160 Global Posts

You are absolutely right Cat because I had 2 of those themes by the original devs. I heard from drkapprentice that there is a lot of this going on in App World which is a real shame. Unfortunetely also all of those devs are no longer with Blackberry so would not know that their work is now being sold by other people pretendinding to have made it. And yes happens all the time...smh !
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    Possibly
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I find it very frustrating as a buyer and someone that appreciates what the original developers had done. Some of these were free themes, which was very kind of the developer and now to have someone selling their hard work is just upsetting. Unfortunately I don't think some people are reading the descriptions or reviews before purchasing. A 8900 or 9000 running OS6, OS7?? Digital clock when it isn't. And reviews that it doesn't work on 9900. Sometimes 8 or 9 of them. I hope the people that purchased these themes complained to app world.
    If you are looking for cool weather skins you can find them here:
    www.themesinmotion.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask :3

same here. i really wanted to message the people 'selling' these themes and tell them how disgusting they are but there's no option to even do that. i think you can find a contact email for app world if you do a lengthy google search 'cause i contacted them about charging me twice for something once..
    PROUD Mummy, loving girlfriend. turtle fanatic
    never seen WITHOUT my HTC one

[former BL Ultimate Hybrid user ]
    ..be one too!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Pin..whaaat?!?

There are a lot of "pirated" themes offered at appworld- mainly OS5 and OS6 themes... In two cases I've informed the former dev and he could take care of it... Both offers are deleted now... I cant help but the names of these kind of parasites sounds often very asian to me... No insult or offend...
    Germans are know-it-all! Trust me- Im German...and know it!