Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What's the verdict on 7.1 battery life ?

Any better on 7.1 ??

My 9790 was on ebay last night until I found the thread about the gold batteries. Quite a few mixed reviews but I figure I will give one a go before selling. I'm on 7.1 with battery saving always on and I can still flatten the battery in 6 hours.

My beloved 9780 easily does 2 days.

UPDATE: After removing "drivesafe.ly pro compliments of blackberry" my battery life is easily doubled. This was the free giveaway from rim. I uninstalled it as it had stopped working correctly. 8pm now and I'm on 70% where I would normally be on 30%. Im tempted to try turning on 3G tommorow.... Very happy.
    Last edited by colsearle; 04-04-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

7.1 for my 9900 is awesome. Battery used to need charging around 5 pm. After I installed 7.1, I can go all day and just throw it on the charger at bed (still has a couple bars left usually).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B5E52DF

As mnhockeycoach99 points, with 7.0, my 9790 battery was awful. After 7.1 9the Norweagian telenor update) is way much better.

I'm a power user and also use bridge along with the Playbook. It last a whole day now.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Can't wait to try 7.1. With my old 9700, 2 days was no sweat. Now, with my 9900, I can barely get 7 hours normal usage.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

9790 batthery life with 7.1 (Telenor update) is much better. I can't spend a all day with 3G without any problem. 7.1 comes with the battery saving option which helps. Be careful as some apps my drain your battery. I only keep the apps I need and use.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B5E52DF

Quote Originally Posted by Brunoce View Post
    9790 batthery life with 7.1 (Telenor update) is much better. I can't spend a all day with 3G without any problem. 7.1 comes with the battery saving option which helps. Be careful as some apps my drain your battery. I only keep the apps I need and use.
    Yup, this is very true, specially indie apps or those Beta apps (Facebook, Twitter, BBM).

All these can hit your battery life.
    CrackBerry Abuser

im getting twice as much battery life with this os. i avg 2 hours of use time and 15 on idle and i still get 2 days usage on 1 charge.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B5F527B

iv actually noticed a significant 'rise' in battery life, i'm a very heavy user and get through the whole day without even dropping below 20%, and its been about 5/6 days since i've been using it! also would recommend deleted weathereye and any other weather app cus i found that used to kill my battery
    BlackBerry 8520 > 9300 > 9790 > iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > Z30 + Playbook 64GB

follow me on twitter! @musty_f10
    CrackBerry User

Yayyy! I think im going to buy the 9790 , where can i buy one that works on tmobile?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Is it fair to say that after upgrading to 7.1, battery life comes at par with 9700?

9700’s battery life was rock solid. Perhaps the best of all the 5 BBs I have used so far….
    CrackBerry User

comparable to the 9700? Unfortunately - no.

9700 on 2G I got 4days with usage and 30% battery left.

9790 on 2G: 1,5 days and battery warning.
    CrackBerry Abuser

With the 7.1 OS and all the apps without refreshing (like FB or Twitter) as I don't think I need them to refresh as they notify me when I get any personal message or notification, my battery last for 9-10 hours.

I usually make a quick charge during afternoon in order to arrive properly at night, otherwise I can't get at night with the mobile phone on.

But it is quite more than it used to be with 7.0 for sure!

Cheers!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

OS 7.1.0.336 3G on

CrackBerry Abuser

dude is it me or did your phone go from 100% to 36% in 1 hour from 3 to 4 or are those in days ???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

"x-axis:Time: day"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goshko View Post
    dude is it me or did your phone go from 100% to 36% in 1 hour from 3 to 4 or are those in days ???
    It says X axis - time (DAY). It's probably the day, 3rd to 4th
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Yea those are days...
    CrackBerry User

Which version of OS 7.1 is well featured for stability and battery life now for 9790?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
    Which version of OS 7.1 is well featured for stability and battery life now for 9790?
    For me, it's the leaked 7.1.402