Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default sms - remove large 'conversation' box and smiley, declutter email window

My lovely, straightforward Curve 8900 has died and I've been 'upgraded' to a Bold 9790 (for small business use).

I am trying to declutter in a couple of areas, apologies if I don't use the right technical words
    1. text/sms - there is a large box on screen when starting to write an sms that contains a history of all of the text exchange/'conversation' that you've had. You can clear the content of that box, but I would like to delete it completely. You are left with one line at the bottom to write your new message - yes it scrolls up but I want to see what I'm writing and I don't need to see any history.
    2. text/sms - Linked to that - how do I remove or hide the 'smiley' emoticon in the text window. I definitely don't want that.
    3. email - there are now alot of lines taken up with i) the email address you are sending from, ii) an extra 'To:, and cc:' at the address point. Is there any way of removing or hiding both of these, to declutter the screen.

I've been pretty shocked at how much battery usage there is - I've tried using the power save options but would be itnerested in hearing any other hints.

Last, in case there are official Blackberry people monitoring this: some of us want fast, uncluttered, basic services. Thanks
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

None of the above are possible with the native text and email programs... and even if RIM were watching, I doubt they would do anything about it now. It's been like that since OS5 and is not likely to change anytime soon with BB10 on the horizon.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks Phill, I'm really hoping someone else has the secret, esp to the text window thing. Why would you waste all that space on the screen; or don;t people do plain 'home at 7' type sms any more? Also if you try and create a new para, with the wee 'move down' key, you send the text instead.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattie View Post
    Also if you try and create a new para, with the wee 'move down' key, you send the text instead.
    Text Messages > (Menu) Options > Press Enter Key to Send = uncheck
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks again Phill. Now phoned Orange in UK and they agree with you - all the issues are embedded (minus your second reply). Going to get new battery for old phone...