Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Select default folder view for Gmail (BIS) account?

Apologies if this has been answered, but so far I'm getting nothing from Google or a forum search.

I just switched from a Pearl 3G (OS 6) to a 9790 (OS 7.1). On the Pearl, if I sent an email, that sent email would not show up in the account-specific messages view, but it would show up in the combined "Messages" view. Now on the 9790, sent email shows up in the account-specific view and because it's a sent email and not in my inbox, there's no "archive" option for it, so it's stuck there unless I delete it from the device. I have one email thread that's:
    - received item
    - sent item
    - received item

...and even though I archived the thread, it still shows up in the default view -- just lacking the "archive" option. Even email that I sent from my PC via the Gmail web interface or email I sent from my playbook shows up in the account-specific default inbox on the 9790.

If I select "View Folder" and then pick "<account> -> inbox" rather than just "inbox", I see what I want -- email I've received that's still in my inbox, and if I expand a group of emails, I do see the ones I've sent.

Is there some way to make that the default view? I do not enjoy having my sent email cluttering my inbox.

NOTE: this is different than the "hide sent email" option -- with that, I just don't see my sent email anywhere. That's not what I want.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

In the Message Options have you set it to "hide sent items" and "hide Filed items"?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticwithin View Post
    In the Message Options have you set it to "hide sent items" and "hide Filed items"?
    As I mentioned (although buried at the end of my rambling post), "hide sent items" isn't what I'm after. "Hide filed items" doesn't actually change what it looks like at all (for the messages I've got right now, at least).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,480 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky swear

Go into your gmail settings on the pc. There are two sections, one for imap for which folders you want to see on your device. Click or unclick the folders you want to view on your devices.
    @blueyestm
    -------------------------------------------
    Q10: 10.3.0.1052
    Z10: 10.3.0.1154