Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rebooting when battery is low

Hi, my 9790 continuously reboots itself when the battery gets low I have taken this into the o2 shop where I got it and they could not find a fault with it, I have tried new batteries and new os but none of these have helped, I even sent it away to blackberry but again they could not find out what the problem was, any idea how to fix this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

When you are re loading the operating system, are you restoring from a backup you created?
    Zach Gilbert

Twitter: @Zachgilbert

Doing my best to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yeah but I'm only restoring my messages and contacts, not restoring any apps
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Interesting. Typically when an issue like this occurs it's due to people restoring the full back up. My next idea would be to back up your phone again, wipe it using the loader application and then re install the OS. Now, do not restore any of your data, try to see if this issue is still happening. If it isn't occurring then you know the issue lies in the backup. How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    Zach Gilbert

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9B567

I think you SHOULD restore your necessary data (messages, contacts) as there's no point of not restoring it, because ultimately you will need that data. If the phone is incompetent in dealing with partial restores, then RIM should do something about it. Don't get me wrong, I love BlackBerry Smartphones, but RIM need to address the issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I tried it without restoring contacts and messages and it worked but I need to restore them, Blackberry wont replace it as they cant find a problem with it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheIndirection View Post
    I think you SHOULD restore your necessary data (messages, contacts) as there's no point of not restoring it, because ultimately you will need that data. If the phone is incompetent in dealing with partial restores, then RIM should do something about it. Don't get me wrong, I love BlackBerry Smartphones, but RIM need to address the issue.
    Hey TheIndirection,

I am just doing some trouble shooting to see if it is the device or something in the backup file. I know that he will need that data, but there are ways to back it up and extract the data and then reload it.

now, ConorRobinson.

Are you saying that the device functioned properly when you removed everything and didn't do a reload of your backed up contacts etc?
    Zach Gilbert

CrackBerry User

Have you got the new LinkedIn app on? I had it rebooting on low power and since it was the last app I installed I removed it. No probs since.
    CrackBerry User

Hey, I have the same problem, when the battery is low the 9790 keeps rebooting randomly, first I thought it was a battery problem, because at every restart the battery percentage changed, sometimes increasing and others decreasing. I really don't know what's going on.

But with the last post, I realized that I installed the latest LinkeIn app. I just uninstalled and tomorrow will see.

Bad news to me, uninstalled the app but still the same problem, below 30% the 9790 keeps rebooting itself randomly. Sometimes when using the camera, others while Browsing or using Google Maps.
    Last edited by L u i s; 12-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Arrow Possible solution?

Hi! Have you found a possible solution? I have experienced the same issue a few weeks back and I tried uninstalling some apps like Viber. I was then using the Official 9790 OS 7.1.0.746 released by I-Mobile Plus(All Languages). I tried wiping the OS and restoring only my contacts but to no avail.

HOWEVER, I updated my OS again two days ago and installed the Official 9790 OS 7.1.0.794 from China Mobile and I have not experienced any random rebooting. It was the first time in ages that my 9790 drained itself with no reboots, for the entire day. You may want to try this solution too.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by 1blacksheep View Post
    Hi! Have you found a possible solution? I have experienced the same issue a few weeks back and I tried uninstalling some apps like Viber. I was then using the Official 9790 OS 7.1.0.746 released by I-Mobile Plus(All Languages). I tried wiping the OS and restoring only my contacts but to no avail.

HOWEVER, I updated my OS again two days ago and installed the Official 9790 OS 7.1.0.794 from China Mobile and I have not experienced any random rebooting. It was the first time in ages that my 9790 drained itself with no reboots, for the entire day. You may want to try this solution too.

I flashed the new os,but I restore all my personal data.You mean you don't have the same problem after 794? Do you restore all your data?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, I restored all my data and I have not experienced rebooting when I hit the low batt status. I think that OS did wonders to my 9790.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

hey, sorry I haven't been on here in a while, it turns out my battery was actually loose althought i'm not sure how anyone at blackberry managed to miss that, however I managed to find a temporary fix by placing a folded up piece of paper or a piece of card on top of the battery and then place the battery door back on, the door may not fit on properly or stick out a bit more than usual but you can be sure that the phone will not reboot anymore
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ConorRobinson View Post
    hey, sorry I haven't been on here in a while, it turns out my battery was actually loose althought i'm not sure how anyone at blackberry managed to miss that, however I managed to find a temporary fix by placing a folded up piece of paper or a piece of card on top of the battery and then place the battery door back on, the door may not fit on properly or stick out a bit more than usual but you can be sure that the phone will not reboot anymore
    This is what worked for me too. Now I'm getting over 20hrs of battery life with medium usage. Use a paper folded into 8. And cut the protruding paper from the phone, then the battery door will fit

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Blackberry Usage history: Bold 9000> Curve 8900> Torch 9800> Bold 9790> White Z10 STL100-1 White Q10 SQN100-3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ended up buying a new battery. A lot of threads about other blackberry phones addresses this same issue. According to them, the issue is resolved by replacing the battery. So I shelled out INR 2500 ($50) and bought a new OEM battery. *fingers crossed* Will update after at least three days of testing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Even a new OEM battery did not help. I have sent my phone for warranty claim. *fingers crossed coz I doubt a water clog* :P
    CrackBerry Newbie

My problem was the same. I dismantled it all and then cleaned all the Contactor on board, as well as parts. Now the average use of my day lasts 35 hours battery and never restarted.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My device is coming back from the Blackberry centre tomorrow after the warranty claim. They said they have fixed everything. Also they have changed the touchscreen, since I had issues with it recognizing touch feedback without me touching it at all. I'm hoping that everything is fixed. Will update tomorrow after I get it in hand.
    Blackberry Usage history: Bold 9000> Curve 8900> Torch 9800> Bold 9790> White Z10 STL100-1 White Q10 SQN100-3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I have the mugen 1500 and the battery door fits tightly. I also have repeated reboots. I updated to Claro's .865 for 9790 after a bbsak wipe. No luck in getting better battery life. I'm getting an oem battery to see if it improves. My 9790 is about 10 months old.
    CrackBerry User

Add me on bbm please: pin:28ae838d need to talk with yu regarding a piece of paper ^^
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I Have the Same Problem

Hey can u please reply what happened after it came back from repair, coz i have the same problem which you were facing.