Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elite1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default official 7.0.0.611 from Orange UK

I'm starting to get a little jealous of you 9790 users!
    https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=dcNdMSUiq
    CrackBerry Addict

I doubt there'll be any major difference from .609. But hey...do try installing and then get back here to give a review

Global Posts
    13,680 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Default info & direct link

Software For BlackBerryฎ Bold™ 9790 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2487 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.0.0.2487
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.611
    Software Platform: 9.16.0.90
    File name: 9790AllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2487_PL9.16.0.90_A7.0.0.61 1_Orange_UK.exe
    File size: 213.54MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    • How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    cutie_lj22 (02-19-2012) 

Global Posts
    13,680 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Default Updated OS UPGRADE GUIDE

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    • How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    salah100 (03-13-2012) 
    salah100 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

WOW the Bold 9790 is finally blooming!!! a leak earlier this week and now an Official!

Its not an official OS 7.1 so i wont be making this upgrade, but its awesome to see!

Who ever installs this and see's any differences let us know
    CrackBerry Newbie

any impressions?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by txees View Post
    any impressions?
    Nope... we're all rockin' OS7.1
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ahhahahahaa so very true. I want to try it but definitleyyyyy not goin back : P
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    I'll be rocking with OS7.1 too only if it came with EastAsia version.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking yupeee

wanted to so that "yupeee" but already did on 7.1 .........

keeping my next one for official 7.1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
    I'll be rocking with OS7.1 too only if it came with EastAsia version.
    have to agree with you
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

when .611 is latest than why .609 is in stick in top of forum ?
    CrackBerry User

what can you say about it .611?

is it better that .609?

thank you
    hammie
    (bold 9790)
    #beBOLD
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Yes, it is better and stable too.

Quote Originally Posted by cutie_lj22 View Post
    what can you say about it .611?

is it better that .609?

thank you
    CrackBerry User

I updated my os with this version...
    Better than .609 in terms of battery ฐ\(^▿^)/ฐ
    CrackBerry User

I've followed every bit in the step by step guide for updating the OS in this thread but had no luck, my phone went though the routines and also asked for a reboot at the end but in the about still shows as the original OS 7.0.0.473 version.
    CrackBerry Newbie

.611 very stable. no batery issue. no more hot. i think is better than 609 and 557. i try for a week and no problem until now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i downgraded last week to this version from the 7.1 beta which had a terrible battery life (mainly due to connectivity problems with bloomberg) and used to heat up

611 is very stable, responsive and i can make it through the day on a single charge now
    CrackBerry Newbie

just a quick question... what happend if you install and dint delete the vendor..... thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ahbhu View Post
    just a quick question... what happend if you install and dint delete the vendor..... thanks
    Nothing happens. You won't be able to install without deleting first.
    Thanked by:
    ahbhu (03-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Anipilot View Post
    I've followed every bit in the step by step guide for updating the OS in this thread but had no luck, my phone went though the routines and also asked for a reboot at the end but in the about still shows as the original OS 7.0.0.473 version.
    Solution found in the 9900 forum!

In my case I was using a Dell XPS laptop running Win7 SP1. No matter what I did (delete all vendor xmls, reboots, re-loads of OS on PC and re-install Desktop Manager; the OS update just would not happen. Even tried a different OS, tried BBSAK which said 'No OS found'.

Finally this morning google took me to a post on the 9900

Why Can't I Load OS on Device?

When I read about the USB drives / card readers and such, I thought I'd give a try and remove my Express card from its slot and my dummy SD card from its slot. Although these devices arent powered by USB they are the hot swap types so I thought maybe there is a connection. And it did help. Finally my OS has loaded and I now have an updated OS 7.1
    CrackBerry User

finally updated to 611 by connected to other laptop
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

how come this is not sticky??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default thank you

Thank you very much! top dude

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    I second that, the 7.1 OS is working brilliantly for me...battery life has definitely improved if only marginally. Only gripe I have is there is the icon based picture toolbar is no more.