No bbm contact back up option?
I am trying to switch blackberry's, moving from a 9790 to a 9900 as am bored of it now.
My problem is, my 9790 doesn't have a option to back up bbm contacts? Why is that?
Ive looked in the options, and there is nothing at all. These are the only options on the 9790,
BBM Connected Applications
Invitation to BBM
However on my all other blackberry's there was an option of "Back-Up Management"
I have re-installed my blackberry software and updated it once aswell, but i never ever got this option?
- 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM #2
If you have the newest BBM version 7, then the contacts are connected to your BlackBerry ID and therefore there is no longer a back-up option as it is automatic. When you install BBM 7 on your 9900 and log in with your BlackBerry ID, it will restore your contacts automatically.
"BBM 7: BlackBerry ID Integration – Simplifies OS and device upgrades. Device switches are as simple as entering your BlackBerry ID when you first open BBM, and your BBM profile, contacts, and groups are instantly available on your new device."
- 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM #7
With BBM 7, it remotely saves all you contacts and settings via BBID, when you do a device swap BBID will ask you if you want to associate with the new Phone. I found that most OS come with BBM 6 you'll need to upgrade it to BBM 7.
Long story short, with BBM 7 contacts are now saved with your Blackberry ID.
- By Mikijam in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
- By Mikijam in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
- By alvinharsono in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2009, 07:38 AM
- By castortroy5076 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
- By Mr.Miagi in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:42 AM