Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My contact list was renamed to a temp e-mail account I setup, how to change it back

Hello Everyone,
    I need help trying to figure this out...I've been scratching my head over it for a while...so I finally gave in and signed up to the Blackberry Support Community.

Maybe its a simple fix, but I can't figure it out.

I've had the same e-mail (lets call it abc@default.com) address associated with my default contact list for as long as I've owned a Blackberry, and up until September 22, 2012, it had been the default on my current BB (9790 Bold).

So what happened...
    On September 22, 2012, I created an e-mail (lets call this one xyz@temp.com) address to deal with Q & A for an item I was selling online. Although I hadn't noticed it right away, but somehow my default contact list was now xyz@temp.com and not abc@default.com.

At first I was not able to complete a sync (I thought it was a glich of some sort). I then attempted to add a new contact, but the default would show as xyz@temp.com. I tried to switch to the right contact list via the drop down selection bar, but oddly, eventhough the address (abc@default.com) is still set-up to sendf & recieve e-mails on my phone it wasn't shown as an option to select from. I've since removed the temp e-mail (xyz@temp.com) from the phone, but it still shows up as a Contact List.

Incidentally, I had and have three other email addresses set-up on past and current BB phone(s), of the three, two also have Contact Lists associated with them (these are unaffected).

Also, if I were to view my contacts and choose from a specific list I get the same contact lists to choose from as I do when I try to add a contact.

So, how can I rename the xyz@temp.com to abc@default.com so that I can find it whether I'm viewing my current contacts or I'm adding a new contact, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to snyc completely?

Please Help

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

First of all yu will need to set the correct default services under your options so it will create contacts in the correct list. Then in the contact list, under options, "move" the list from the temp account to the default address book. then delete the temp email account service books. do a sync to confirm the contacts are syncing fine. then resend your service books to get the temp email account back on the device. then reconfirm the default services.
    for specific locations of these options, use the global search on your device.

this should and I stress should reset all correctly. Going from memory so I may be a little rusty on it.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.