Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest Official OS 7.0.0.557 for the BlackBerry Bold 9790 from Indosat

Software For BlackBerry® Bold™ 9790 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2356 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.0.0.2356
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.0.0.557
    Software Platform: 9.16.0.67
    File name: 9790jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2356_PL9.16.0.67_A7.0.0.5 57_Indosat.exe
    File size: 219.11MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Blackberry Download Link

FILESERVE
    Last edited by remedy243; 12-21-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Just installed this and did a battery pull the first time. I haven't found any differences from my previous OS .528. But there's one thing and I don't know if this existed in earlier build. If you go to Options->Third Party Applications, you will see "Personalization and Privacy for BBM" where you can enable or disable collection of data usage. Perhaps this has something to do with Carrier IQ thing.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

does this build have visual voicemail?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by fusioncal View Post
    Just installed this and did a battery pull the first time. I haven't found any differences from my previous OS .528. But there's one thing and I don't know if this existed in earlier build. If you go to Options->Third Party Applications, you will see "Personalization and Privacy for BBM" where you can enable or disable collection of data usage. Perhaps this has something to do with Carrier IQ thing.
    yeah its in the .528

I don't think I'll bother installing this one...
    I just want the 7.1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Is it a possible a carrier to launch an update for a phone, without actually selling it? Weird..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by toolonglyf View Post
    yeah its in the .528

I don't think I'll bother installing this one...
    I just want the 7.1
    I KNOW, seriously...i updated my 9790 to this .557 version anyways cuz i wanted to see if there were any performance improvements, it does feel snappier on the finger swiping but that could cuz be because of a reload. The installation was flawless (like it should be).

WHEN is OS 7.1 coming out for this BB... i guess this phone is still too new...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just an update... i have noticed that the battery life is better with this buildbeen disconnected my phone at about 9 am now its 11 am and my battery life is at 85%

i'm pretty sure on the last build the battery life would be about 70-75%
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blakobecwa View Post
    Just an update... i have noticed that the battery life is better with this buildbeen disconnected my phone at about 9 am now its 11 am and my battery life is at 85%

i'm pretty sure on the last build the battery life would be about 70-75%
    That could be worth it then... Can you provide an update after a whole day usage?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by MRVL View Post
    does this build have visual voicemail?
    I believe, every OS has visual voicemail included. Only certain carrier branded devices will enable it upon installation, such as T-Mobile and AT&T for instance. However, there might be compatibility issue.

Quote Originally Posted by giorgosh View Post
    Is it a possible a carrier to launch an update for a phone, without actually selling it? Weird..
    Did you mean Indosat? They do provide BIS service and also selling bundled BlackBerry devices. What's weird about that?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I am talking about COSMOTE GREECE, who have not launched 9790 yet but they release a software version!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

why this didn't show up in main page?
    CrackBerry User

what version of BlackBerry Desktop Software did you guys use to update your 9790? how come my current BlackBerry Desktop Software can not recognize my 9790?

Then I tried downloading the new version from BlackBerry.com with the filename 610_b038_multilanguage but it doesn't install successfully.
    CrackBerry User

I have downloaded this update

9790jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2356_PL9.16.0.67_A7.0.0.5 57_Indosat

But the BlackBerry Desktop Software on my computer can't recognize my phone, but it does sync my PIM.

I tried BBSAK to wipe my 9790 but it didn't detect my phone so it can't connect to wipe.

Lastly I also tried to just click the Loader.exe on the AppLoader folder to just update my phone without wiping the existing files, but still it didn't work. I press next next on prompt windows and ended with a message saying my phone was updated successfully but it didn't really did, because my phone didn't even restart and after checking the firmware version, still the same old firmware that was originally installed when i bought the phone yesterday.

Please help.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

This is newer than .528! Than why isn't this stick while the older one is?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by princemon View Post
    I have downloaded this update

9790jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2356_PL9.16.0.67_A7.0.0.5 57_Indosat

But the BlackBerry Desktop Software on my computer can't recognize my phone, but it does sync my PIM.

I tried BBSAK to wipe my 9790 but it didn't detect my phone so it can't connect to wipe.

Lastly I also tried to just click the Loader.exe on the AppLoader folder to just update my phone without wiping the existing files, but still it didn't work. I press next next on prompt windows and ended with a message saying my phone was updated successfully but it didn't really did, because my phone didn't even restart and after checking the firmware version, still the same old firmware that was originally installed when i bought the phone yesterday.

Please help.

Thanks!
    AND

Quote Originally Posted by princemon View Post
    what version of BlackBerry Desktop Software did you guys use to update your 9790? how come my current BlackBerry Desktop Software can not recognize my 9790?

Then I tried downloading the new version from BlackBerry.com with the filename 610_b038_multilanguage but it doesn't install successfully.

I think i remember having an issue like this for installation or device detection. There is another thread in this forum somewhere about installing Desktop Software 7 apparently its still in Beta mode but i installed it and its working perfectly for me and my 9790.

Leaked BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0.0.32 – No Keycode Needed | OpenSourceBB.com - The best freakin' hybrids. Period.

Here is the download link, i only use Loader to install any OS upgrades. So i highly suggest trying that again, and finding all the Vendor.xml files and deleting them, there could be more than one in a hidden folder somewhere, gotta look around.

Good luck ....and i did notice battery life improvement with this new build along with better performance. I do try and keep my phone charged as much as possible though.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by blakobecwa View Post
    AND

I think i remember having an issue like this for installation or device detection. There is another thread in this forum somewhere about installing Desktop Software 7 apparently its still in Beta mode but i installed it and its working perfectly for me and my 9790.

Leaked BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0.0.32 – No Keycode Needed | OpenSourceBB.com - The best freakin' hybrids. Period.

Here is the download link, i only use Loader to install any OS upgrades. So i highly suggest trying that again, and finding all the Vendor.xml files and deleting them, there could be more than one in a hidden folder somewhere, gotta look around.

Good luck ....and i did notice battery life improvement with this new build along with better performance. I do try and keep my phone charged as much as possible though.

hi, thank you for reply, too bad i just got to open this thread now.

i will check on that thanks again!