CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation If anyone can solve this, you guys can,

Alright so I've had a blackberry bold 9790 for about 2 months now and I switched carriers 4 days ago and I have a devastating issue. I'm going to include every detail so bare with me if it is a bit long.
    The blackberry was originally with rogers, I bought it used but i had it FULLY unlocked and used with Fido for over 2 months. I then switched to virgin mobile, my phone was working one minute, however, as soon as I put in virgin mobiles sim card my phone said "Initialization Failed" and stopped reading EVERY SIM CARD altogether. I tried 4 different sim cards from virgin mobile none of them worked. I deleted the OS using BBSAK. And tried the sim card with, different versions of the OS, including : 7.0.0.528, 7.1.0.523, and 7.1.0.746 to no avail. I checked the sim card reader to see if any prongs were missing or damaged and they were not. I took my phone to THREE different repair stores and they all had no clue what the issue was. I also tried putting a piece of paper between the sim and the battery to make it fit better but my phone still says "Initialization Failed" when i put any sim card in.
    The phone is in pristine condition and everything works perfectly EXCEPT my battery used to drain very quickly and phone used to restart by itself until i put a business card behind the battery and the backing and now my phone works like new for about a month and a half then this randomly happened.

So please I beg someone to help me and try and give me some advice that is NOT something i have already done countless times.
    Whoever can help I will be very, very happy.
    Thank you
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9B567

I'd check that piece of equipment you have. Contact the vendor you bought it from, asking them to INSTALL a new sim to your device (if possible), and the result from there should let you know whether the hardware is faulty or not.

I don't know too much about these things, sorry, I tried my best XD
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,139 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Did you try a SIM from your previous provider, FIDO was it? Did it initialize?
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yes, after I put in virgin mobile NO simcards initialized not from 1 company
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    msg me for the details (=.=''')

i oso facing the problem ,i just send for warranty only
    i think is sim tray got problem, hardware issuse