CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I can not synchronize contacts yahoo

I have the following little problem, can anyone help me?

I took it on hand after about two months my blackberry 9790 and I realized that I did not sync the contacts I have more on yahoo.
    It 'something changed regarding syncing contacts with yahoo I missed during this period or is my 9790 that still does not work right?

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the incorrect English.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

go to email accounts ,highlight your yahoo account,click menu then edit then scroll down to synchronisation options open it and check contacts and exit
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Did everything ok.
    Thank you and good to make
    Greetings from Naples Italy
    CrackBerry User

Yahoo! do not offer anymore contacts sync. I am interested in this feature too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

is anyone able to sync their yahoo contacts thru verizon? im on a bold 9930...if i go n2 email accounts, select my yahoo, expand sync options, i check the contacts box. I input my yahoo password and then save. if i go right back in to email accounts to check, the checkbox is unchecked. I then tried to do it thru the verizon bis page. When i try to select contacts and save, i get some error about "can't validate account information" or something to that effect. i tried removing my yahoo account and re-adding. My email works just fine, but still no contacts...because i removed the account and can't re-add contact sync, all my yahoo contacts are now gone from the phone. i will call yahoo, but wanted to see if anyone else is getting this as well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

It is in fact the same thing happens to me with yahoo account is paid either by the free one.
    I can download contacts from yahoo to blackberry only after a wipe.
    In my yahoo has completely eliminated the synchronization service with the old blackberry focusing only on ical system and CardDAV (I think you call it that) that is then used by the iPhone and certainly 'OS10.

It's good for me yahoo (like the others) to adapt, but must follow the laws of the market, what makes me angry is the total lack of information to our users and the free ones that worse paid ones.

It is a good thing not taken into account and have respect for their customers.

For me yahoo has closed will not renew with them ever again any account.

Excuse the outburst and perhaps not good English.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280a8807

i am wondering about this too. i have a 9900 but came across this thread. i am a paying yahoo customer but will definitely consider taking my business elsewhere. does contact sync work with bb10?
    pin: 2b09bd74
    Austin, Texas, USA

Started with a 7510 to a 8830 to a 9630 to a 9700 to a 9900....and now a Q10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I couldn't tell you.
    I however I solved using office 365 with BlackBerry service Cloud Services Business by Research In Motion (RIM ).
    I took the plane P1 (the smallest) and I transferred my domain there the whole thing cost me € 4.06 per month
    I've never seen one so perfect synchronization between blackberry and calendar, tasks, notes, contacts and email.
    Use the bis plan and trust me is the highest perfection ... ... other than yahoo, gmail and things of that nature.
    Try it to believe it.

Greetings from Naples, Italy
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same problem no sync on contacts or calendar, this is Yahoo's lame attempt at forcing email users to pay $19 a year for the pro mail account. This will backfire on them big time as every one will just cancel their service and move to the competition. Not sure if this issue exists with Apple or Google smart phones.