- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Broke my screen but unsure what to replace Help!
So my partner broke the screen on her bold 9790 today but looking for a replacement i noted that there is 2 screens :/.
My question is, is it digitizer i should replace or the lcd ??
here some pics (And sorry its hard to take pictures of the crack
and here is how i think its not the lcd as it works fine
And also the cracks can not be felt at the front of the case so Any help would be much appreciated.
- CrackBerry User
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM #2
- 11 Posts
The front housing of the 9790 contains an integrated touch screen and digitizer (picture below); if the touch screen is impaired by the screen damage, you will need to replace that in any case. You can find what seem to be OEM parts or OEM-quality replacement parts for around £40. If the screen image appears to be ok then the LED may be unaffected, but you'll probably need to remove the front housing to be sure (there are various disassembly videos that go through this in some detail; it's not very different from disassembling any of the earlier 97xx models).
- By lilmamaj81 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8530/8520 ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
- By Zetastar357 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 11Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
- By Buddha Guides Me in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 9Last Post: 08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
- By whitericedylan in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:40 AM
- By killsurfcity in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM