Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By infinus
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9790 - User Experience...

I heard it is slow...it lags while using touch screen. Does it?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

You heard wrong.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

No, almost no difference between 9900 and 9790
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Very responsive phone!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I've been looking at 9790's off kijiji as live versions won't be displayed in stores and all I can say is that I disagree with the general consensus.

I've met up with 3 sellers of BNIB / LNIB bold 9790s and from the ones I've seen there is an apparent lag between the 9900 and the 9790. The swiping between pages in the main screen is smooth for both, but the initiating of apps is a different story.

When opening any program there is a slight delay in the 9790 compared to the 9900. I might be picky, but coming from SG2 / iphone 3gs / Iphone 4 / bb9900, that delay is a deal breaker for me. I won't be able to stand it, it's like downgrading to a slower PC...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingBlue View Post
    I've been looking at 9790's off kijiji as live versions won't be displayed in stores and all I can say is that I disagree with the general consensus.

I've met up with 3 sellers of BNIB / LNIB bold 9790s and from the ones I've seen there is an apparent lag between the 9900 and the 9790. The swiping between pages in the main screen is smooth for both, but the initiating of apps is a different story.

When opening any program there is a slight delay in the 9790 compared to the 9900. I might be picky, but coming from SG2 / iphone 3gs / Iphone 4 / bb9900, that delay is a deal breaker for me. I won't be able to stand it, it's like downgrading to a slower PC...
    What today is fast will be slower tomorrow.
    act upon your need; not greed.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

I don't notice any lag at all with the touch screen. I'm quite happy with this device. The best Blackberry I've owned.
    CrackBerry Addict

Are you talking about milliseconds "slight delay"? That's a deal breaker? Never heard of that one.

Majority people here talk about battery endurance and auto focus feature as the deal breaker.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I saw a BB 9790 yesterday with "Made in Taiwan" written. Since when RIM has started to manufacture BBs in Taiwan??

The shop also had "Made in Mexico" 9790s. Which one I should go for???

Secondly the trackpad on both the above 9790s was tilted downwards (slightly) on the left side...is it a problem with all 9790s?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Curvy_8320 View Post
    I saw a BB 9790 yesterday with "Made in Taiwan" written. Since when RIM has started to manufacture BBs in Taiwan??

The shop also had "Made in Mexico" 9790s. Which one I should go for???

Secondly the trackpad on both the above 9790s was tilted downwards (slightly) on the left side...is it a problem with all 9790s?
    In 99xx's Mexico and Hungary have the best build quailty.

Some 9900 threads: Where was your 9900 made?
    Where was your Bold manufactured - build quality?

You can always search i remember there was a bigger thread containing a poll.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

no lag...its just in your mind..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by kevinarjun View Post
    no lag...its just in your mind..
    Lol, physiological coz its 1ghz processor.
    CrackBerry Abuser

There is no lag in opening apps. Blackberry apps tend to have small footprints with very little eye candy. Opening and using apps has never been laggy, it is the hourglassing that was upsetting on older BBs. OS7 has very little hourglassing and opening key apps like email, twitter and facebook take virtually no time at all. Just comparing that to my new iPod and the 9790 is far faster at opeing the above mentioned apps. Compared to my 9900 (just traded on kijiji for a 9790) I notice no lag in the apps, but scrolling through messages and feeds is not quite as smooth which could be a deal-breaker for iPhans.

Mike
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

The only difference between the 9900 and 9790 caused by the processor could be browser performance. I think 9900 renders web pages a tad quicker and has less checker boarding.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

So far so good. 9700's battery was better.

Is there any way to bring the menu on the screen by touching the screen (and not by clicking the button)?. It does appear on some screens but not on all the screens.
    CrackBerry User

My blackberry BNIB said 'Made in Mexico 6' on the box and 'made in Taiwan' on the phone...a tad annoying for me from RIM, eitherway the phone is faultless, no tilted trackpad, no clicklety keys for Alt or A and definately no sluggishness in the Apps loading...previously owned a 9000 bold, currently own an ipad2 and the best blackberry ever, this 9790 was worth the wait if I hadn't visited the crackberry forums would've wasted my money on a 9900.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Mine is Made in Taiwan too. Its all good. No problem so far.....

It feels a lil delicate after using 9700 for almost a year. But I guess I'll get used to it.

Deleted a few pre-loaded apps. Its faster now with more free memory....

Battery life is a not at par with 9700 (: ....thats the only downside I have noticed so far...
    CrackBerry Newbie

The touchscreen response is a BIT slower than the 9900 but it's barely noticeable unless you compare both side by side. The touchscreen works well!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    293AE55A

Coming from 9900 and 9850, the only bad thing i see is the glass... A little soft.
    In anycase i find it the best bb device actually. Fast and affordable. Never had a problem with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

It's plastic and not glass
    CrackBerry User

Just picked up a 9790 this evening. Zero $ on 3 year term at Telus.

The trackpad is loose...it makes a slight clicky noise when you move your finger over it...loose. I didn't notice that in the store. Other than that, it's a great phone. Easy to type on, fast. The camera is excellent and the display is very nice! I won't be tolerating the loose trackpad so it's going back for an exchange tomorrow.

I had a bold 9700 and a curve 3g before this. I would still be using the curve but the camera is not good enough. I don't know that I'll be using the touch screen much but it's nice to have.

Anyway,,,, so far so good. (except for the trackpad)