Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9790 - Panoramic Photos?

Does anyone know if is there any app to take panoramic pictures with the new 7.1 OS ??

Cheers
    CrackBerry Newbie

wish i knew, missing that feature in my bb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790
    CrackBerry Abuser

I found one app in App World, called Panorama 360.
    It's $.99 but no screen shots or reviews, so I have no idea if it's any good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    "Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of times, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
    Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."_This Momentous Day, H. R. White

Palm Treo 650> BB Storm 9530> BB Bold 9650> BB Torch 9850
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok, so i bought the app, it's ok, you take the pictures within the app, and it combines the pictures when you're ready, it's definitely not very optimized for a full touchscreen device, but is obviously meant for a BB with a keyboard.
    I played with my friends' panorama on his iphone, and this unfortunately doesn't really compare.
    hopefully there will be a good panorama on BB10.

If you open it in landscape on the 9850, it works right.
    It might work pretty ok for an outdoor landscape type picture.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ilikebacon; 10-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of times, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
    Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."_This Momentous Day, H. R. White

Palm Treo 650> BB Storm 9530> BB Bold 9650> BB Torch 9850
    Thanked by:
    DJ Reyes (10-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've been experimenting with a piece of free software for the desktop/laptop called Hugin, it's a panorama creator, and my Bold 9900/9930. I know an app would be a good way to do it, certainly in terms of speed, but as this doesn't seem to be possible at the moment Hugin seems like a decent compromise. The website is here Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher I made an album with some of my early attempts. In May I was in Marseille and got some dramatic weather. Some of the shots are combinations of sixteen images, all taken on my bold. The one from Barcelona was eighteen images taken on a Curve. The album is here.

All of the album images are heavily compressed as the originals were between 10 and 30Mb each.