- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
I have two Blackberries and both seem to have a similar problem. The 9900 keeps freezing and reboots itself when the battery gets a bit low. The 9790 keeps rebooting itself no matter what, I have updated it and bought a new battery too. But still no changes. Does anyone else have these problems? if so have you fixed them? please help me. My main concern is the 9790.
This is my first post, so sorry for any mistakes.
- 01-12-13, 09:34 AM #2
After 8 months of heavy use:
- Rebooting randomly, or when open the maps, google maps (GPS app), shooting pictures (flash) o browsing (3G, Wifi). Seems when the device need more power.
- Charging sometime is ok, about 2-1/2 hours or 3h and other gets forever, or is very fast, or stuck at 95% or others numbers.
- When reboots, the battery drops from 80% to 20% or 10% and if reboots again get back to 80%.
- Sometimes said low battery to use radio and the battery meter is at 60% or greater.
- Sometimes when try to use the flash said low battery and the meter is over 50%.
- When the battery level is high (>75%) fewer problems detected.
- When the device is plugged no problem detected.
- Tried new original battery with the same results.
- Tried all the firmwares with the same results.
- The lock/unlock button presents a crack.
To me is a must have device so I bought a new one and sent the faulty device to RIM.
Hope this helps,
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-11-13, 08:18 AM #6
- 2 Posts
been there before
I've had that with almost all blackberry 9000. I'm on my 6th one and it has just died like a stone. Five days new
The re-booting problem won't go away - you'll have to get a replacement. Don't bother getting a repair. Sorry - the only solution
Blackberrys are great - while they last
- 05-11-13, 09:38 AM #7
Help! My device keeps on rebooting!
Thani, read the full page in the above link, I've just implemented it today, I'm also a victim of unlimited reboots & the works. Its quite frustrating! but anyway try this hope this works! Will update in the same thread about my experience.
- 05-15-13, 05:38 AM #8
Ok guys its day 4 of the experiment i did as this forum suggested. Well the result is amazing, NO reboots, NO hanging problems, NO frustration! Damn happy with the performance as the battery life has also increased!
All I did was I cut to battery size a normal visiting card which is obviously thicker than a piece of paper. Visiting card is a thin cardboard so since then NO hook ups! I was actualyl going to sell this phone and get the Z10 but I think not now.
- By robot08 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 7Last Post: 04-13-08, 03:10 PM
- By nukelalosh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-08, 09:14 AM
- By loveandpride in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 01-24-08, 09:23 AM
- By spineless in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-15-07, 08:47 AM
- By conecuh in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 4Last Post: 05-04-07, 09:38 AM