Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Identity Update Needed

i updated my app world, and now whenever i open it, i get a message that "my blackberry identity needs to be updated, " then when i try to update it, it says its failed, and app world closes.

can anyone one help with this?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I don't know but when I had it updated I couldn't reboot my phone again. I had to reload the op system... after it finished updating the identity update, a reboot was needed. So, I rebooted....only it kept cycling and wouldn't reboot. Lost a lot of information and even though I backed up my phone regularly... I still lost a lot of info. Getting the service books loaded were a pain in the azz.
    If this "update" keeps jackin up folks phones... it could be bad.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have an BB 9500 Storm OS V5.0 and have the same issue after installing app world 3.1.0.58, it goes to 100% on the Identity check but hangs, help please
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry appworld and error 80003

This is not cool!! MY blackberry appworld does'nt want to work and nobody is doning anything about it! i hope someone reads this and do something!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

Roll back to the previous version from the Blackberry site. Worked for me on my 9700. Sad though when RIM can't get their own uogrades to work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    21E50A3A

Here is the solution: Turn off your radio and turn on wi-fi only. Once connected to wi-fi, open app world and then do the identity update. Once complete, reboot and all will be normal.
    Thanked by 4:
    aelis27 (06-28-2012),  edwintg (07-30-2012),  kacantrell (10-21-2012),  mooseman5112 (07-04-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by m.schoeman View Post
    i updated my app world, and now whenever i open it, i get a message that "my blackberry identity needs to be updated, " then when i try to update it, it says its failed, and app world closes.

Have the same problem. Did you figure out a solution?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

This might help...

http://crackberry.com/having-troubli...berry-identity

To delete BlackBerry Identity, open Options, select Device, and then Applications Management. From there, find and highlight “BlackBerry Identity” Open the menu and select “Delete.” Confirm the delete and restart your BlackBerry. When you next open App World, you should be prompted to reinstall the necessary application.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Any advice for 8520? My 'OPTIONS' does not have a 'DEVICE' folder. So, I'm unable to perform the delete

CrackBerry Newbie

Preform a Battery pull. That should work. Solves half of blackberry problems.

I had same problem, and that worked

CrackBerry Newbie

Default found a fix that worked on my corporate Bold 9780

I was having the same identity update issues and the suggestion re deleting the BlackBerry Identity from my applications list did not work as it wasn't in my applications list.

I tried the other suggestion re turning off the mobile network and connecting through wifi only and it failed the first time. i removed the battery and tried it again through only wifi and it worked. I have now been able to update all of my apps as well as download another new one.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Solution Foud

I had this same issue with my 9300 and did what Mookish said to do... worked great for me!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry Identity Update Needed 800003

Hi, I have a 9300 curve 3G has anyone managed to sort this problem out? I would try the wifi option but unfortunately i dont have wifi access.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lkscales View Post
    I don't know but when I had it updated I couldn't reboot my phone again. I had to reload the op system... after it finished updating the identity update, a reboot was needed. So, I rebooted....only it kept cycling and wouldn't reboot. Lost a lot of information and even though I backed up my phone regularly... I still lost a lot of info. Getting the service books loaded were a pain in the azz.
    If this "update" keeps jackin up folks phones... it could be bad.
    I had this exact same thing happen to me. I had to reload the software 4 times for the phone to eventually work again, and I've lost all my apps. Including default ones, all the games are gone that come with the OS, as well as Password Keeper, so obviously all my kept passwords will be gone as well. Get your figured out RIM, seriously, this is embarassing. Right now Im restarting my phone (which is terrifyingly nervewracking due to all the times it was stuck in reboot) after deleting Blackberry Identity then updating it using just wifi. So we'll see how (or if) it works.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Okay, after deleting Blackberry Identity from the application list, then turning off 3G and using wifi only. Going into App World and performing the update on Identity, then restarting, all seems to be okay. But now I don't know how to get those default apps back, mainly BrickBreaker, Solitaire and Password Keeper.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, I'm a newbie in BB. I have CURVE 8520 under Globe with plan 499. i cannot use the browser and application world through wifi. I've tried downgrading the OS. Tried battery pull. Tried turning off the mobile network. It still doesn't work. Application said I need an identity update but when I tried to, it always says I failed. I hope somebody can help me with this. TIA.
    CrackBerry Newbie

THANK YOU!! I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support over this issue and all they can do is send me a new phone which will take5 days
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thanks Mookish

the following worked for my 8520....

Here is the solution: Turn off your radio and turn on wi-fi only. Once connected to wi-fi, open app world and then do the identity update. Once complete, reboot and all will be normal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am using a BB tour(9630) and it doesn't have the wifi application.what do I do to get a BlackBerry ID update?.I really need it.pls someone reply.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Solved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m.schoeman View Post

I have solved the exact same problem with on a 9300
    Here is how to solve:

- Disable your wifi
    - Subscribe to ur BB service from ur gsm provider (I subscribed for the daily full bb service)
    - Restart your phone after getting confirmation of ur bb subscription
    - After restarting open app world and follow the process to update identity
    - Everything should go smoothly then a download should take place
    - It will then prompt to restart ur bb
    - after restart is complete you can then use app world without problems

hope this helps.

After following the above steps, the below common problem when configuring browser plug in was solved also >>>

""" App World Web Plugin Error
    An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again. """
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Blackberry Identity Update Needed

i been trying for over a month to do my blackberry app world id on my storm 2 i finally done it by connecting my phone to my internet router then went to app world and updated my app that way and it worked
    CrackBerry Newbie

try to do this :
    1. Delete your blackberry id first (option>device>application management) restart.
    2. Open application on your blackberry that needed sign in to blackberry id
    3. Try to download / update your blackberry id again
    4. After you finished download necessary blackberry id, restart again
    5. And now you can use your blackberry id again
    it works on my Blackberry 9650
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a Bold 9790. Yesterday, wanted to ugrade my BBM. However, when i inputted password for BB id, became locked after several attempts
    CrackBerry Newbie

where will you find "Device" in Blackberry 8520?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gouldy View Post
    Okay, after deleting Blackberry Identity from the application list, then turning off 3G and using wifi only. Going into App World and performing the update on Identity, then restarting, all seems to be okay. But now I don't know how to get those default apps back, mainly BrickBreaker, Solitaire and Password Keeper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast