Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By InfinityBob
  • 1 Post By bteoman
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Blackberry 9790 Loose Battery Door

Hi!
    I bought a brand new Blackberry 9790 about two months ago. After a few weeks I realized that it's battery door is a little loose. It moves about 1mm when i touch it. It's really annoying and I can't stop playing with it all the time. Do you also have similar issues with your 9790 devices? If you have how do you solve this annoying problem? I'm not a native speaker. Sorry for my English.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    286883A8

Default Re: Blackberry 9790 Loose Battery Door

Your English is great and my door is snug.
    Thanked by:
    bteoman (10-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks! Maybe built quality varies from country to country.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Mine is nice and tight, although mine had a very wiggly/loose trackpad which drove me mad until I recently fixed it by slotting some tiny slithers of sticky tape in the gaps around it!

One fix I would suggest (although slightly oddball) is getting the mugen 1500mah battery as it is around 1mm thicker than the standard 1230mah JM1 supplied with the 9790. I got one recently and you have to press fairly firmly to get the battery door on - this would probably fix your problem. Or maybe just put some thin cardboard inside over the battery before clipping the battery door on, to close out any loose space!

Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    bteoman (10-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Such issues related to built quality drives me crazy. I sold my iPhone 4 and bought 9790 for $640. Turns out it was a tragic mistake. May god give all Blackberry users patience. Thanks for cardboard tip. I'll try it.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Quote Originally Posted by bteoman View Post
    Such issues related to built quality drives me crazy. I sold my iPhone 4 and bought 9790 for $640. Turns out it was a tragic mistake. May god give all Blackberry users patience. Thanks for cardboard tip. I'll try it.
    No worries. Thin card from a cereal box would probably do the job!

I share your pain. Given how much we shell out for these devices, they should all be quality tested to ensure consistent build quality. Sometimes the smallest issue can niggle you like crazy, especially since we now use these devices frequently in our daily lives.
    Thanked by:
    bteoman (10-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Take a small Post-it Note, fold it in half without covering the sticky part. Stick it to the battery and replace the cover. That will usually stop the movement.

It's not like these devices are hand-crafted with a perfect fit. There's several parts being made individually that can have a mm or 2 of variance and still be acceptable. When two parts on the wrong ends of that variance meet up, it can cause an issue like this. It's an easy fix and worth it to have the option to replace the battery on your own.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Thanked by:
    bteoman (10-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityBob View Post
    No worries. Thin card from a cereal box would probably do the job!

I share your pain. Given how much we shell out for these devices, they should all be quality tested to ensure consistent build quality. Sometimes the smallest issue can niggle you like crazy, especially since we now use these devices frequently in our daily lives.
    Nobody QCs every item. The extra cost would be ridiculous. Have people put the phone together and test it extensively and then wipe it and rebox it? People would complain that their phone looked like it was used, a refurb. There are specs for each part with allowed variances. A sample of each batch might be QCed, but not every piece. Then all of those parts are assembled and packaged and again, a sample is QCed.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    Nobody QCs every item. The extra cost would be ridiculous. Have people put the phone together and test it extensively and then wipe it and rebox it?
    No, but at the very least check for moving/wiggling parts which shouldn't move/wiggle. I don't think this is asking too much. It's the least we should expect out of the box for all the money we pay as consumers.
    bteoman likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityBob View Post
    No, but at the very least check for moving/wiggling parts which shouldn't move/wiggle. I don't think this is asking too much. It's the least we should expect out of the box for all the money we pay as consumers.
    you are telling me. it's unacceptable.
    InfinityBob likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

All phone i have after open reopen reopen ... because i switch sometime simcard ... have this probem ... not just bb... my solution... i put a little micro simcard in plastic behing the battery ! my battery door is not loose and i have always have a micro sim adapter on my hand ;p !
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Default Blackberry 9790 Loose Battery Door

Thin foam tape attached to the inside of the battery door would be good.

http://www.google.com/search?q=singl...ided+foam+tape

Hardware store or Hobby Shop should have what you need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

Same here, slightly loose battery door as well. Its extremely irritating when typing and you feel the door moving. With this kind of batter door i suppose it can't be helped if you take out the battery door often. Much like how when the 9780 was new, the battery door was super tight, and after more than a year, its become looser.

I simply got a replacement battery cover which didn't really cost much. Or you could simply can a case to cover it if it bothers you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940

another reason to like the premium design of the 9900. no stone went left unturned when it came to build quality.
    The bold are helpless without cleverness.
    Euripides. http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-search
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

My device have just returned from technical service and they claimed that it's my fault. So here is my solution: I bought a Faber-Castell Tack It adhesive. It's a kind of adhesive gum and it's removable. I put a piece of it between battery and battery door. Now It stopped moving. Actually it feels solid as a rock. I just hope I can remove battery door without breaking it if I need to change battery one day in future. So far I have had no issues about temperature. I don't use NFC so I'm not sure if affects it or nor. Good luck with your devices.

This is the link for the product: http://www.flipkart.com/faber-castel...md9yxqzbgpgray
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    Take a small Post-it Note, fold it in half without covering the sticky part. Stick it to the battery and replace the cover. That will usually stop the movement.
    Genius. Such a good idea, and it works really well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, my 9790 had a loose battery door right out of the box. A square inch of number plate sticking tape from Halford did the trick though.

Job done.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Default Blackberry 9790 Loose Battery Door

Ok, everyone with a loose back door take a photo and send it to Kevin!
    Last edited by olblueyez; 12-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR