Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iTunda
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 9790 keeps rebooting on its own

I have had my 9790 for 11 months and about 1 month ago I updated the os to 7.1. After I did this I started to have this issue where it would start to reboot on its own, sometimes once a day, sometimes 5 or 6 times in a row and it would drain the battery. Also I noticed the battery level on the screen isn't reflective of what the battery level actually is, it would go from full to red in seconds. I would do a battery pull and it would be back to 80 or 85 percent. I bought a new genuine blackberry battery to see if that was the issue but still same problems. I wiped the device and re-installed the original os from desktop manager twice and the problem is still there, very frustrating, any one have the same issue and managed to fix it?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Blackberry 9790 keeps rebooting on its own

been facing the same problem with my 9790. Hope someone can help!
    CrackBerry User

I too have been facing this problem. I've tried everything, new battery, tried pretty much every software update for the phone but I still
    get the same reboot problems.

I can't even use this phone for a few hours and it's really annoying. Anyone who has a fix please help!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    67,077 Global Posts

Lose battery?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B5F527B

had this problem and cracks in my lock button, only had mine for about 9 months so i sent it back to RIM via o2, hopefully they give me a whole new device haha
    BlackBerry 8520 > 9300 > 9790 > iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > Z30 + Playbook 64GB

follow me on twitter! @musty_f10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry 9790 keeps rebooting on its own

I swear I experience the same thing . 8 months into having my phone start experiencing these abnormal rebooting / recycling of power. one min batt shows full, next min shows total red/drained. And the company which I purchased the phone from B-mobile TSTT , Trinidad and Tobago only gave me a 6mth warranty. I sure they knew this phone had this hiccup from before. please help!!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Guys,
    check out the below link. I had the same problem and a crazy idea fixed it. Try and let me know.
    Help! My device keeps on rebooting!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Experienced this one with mine but I traced the problem to a screenshot app (vScreenshot) and viber. My 9790 keeps draining and rebooting 5-8 times a day and I tried the battery trick (paper) but it still won't get better. I booted in safe mode (hold down back key while BB is booting) and AMAZINGLY, my battery lasted around 14 hours.

I removed apps I didn't use but it was still doing the same thing. Took me a while to reach the Vs in my apps list but once I got rid of these two, my 9790's back to being awesome. I now have all my apps back except for these and I get about 10-12 hours with EDGE/2G and WiFi daily. Not bad at all.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, I also had the reboot problem, terrible! I bought the device on ebay second hand but with warranty (3 months old). Kept rebooting when the mobile network was on. Changed SIM card, not any better. I sent it in twice, and only after insisting and writing a long letter with details, I got it replaced by an official repair centre in Germany. The owner before must have had some (other?) problem before, because from him I got the repair address. I received a brand spanking new device, and thank God, it is working :-).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ended up buying a new battery. A lot of threads about other blackberry phones addresses this same issue. According to them, the issue is resolved by replacing the battery. So I shelled out INR 2500 ($50) and bought a new OEM battery. *fingers crossed* Will update after at least three days of testing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Even a new OEM battery did not help. I have sent my phone for warranty claim. *fingers crossed coz I doubt a water clog* :P
    CrackBerry Abuser

My device is coming back from the Blackberry centre tomorrow after the warranty claim. They said they have fixed everything. Also they have changed the touchscreen, since I had issues with it recognizing touch feedback without me touching it at all. I'm hoping that everything is fixed. Will update tomorrow after I get it in hand.
    Blackberry Usage history: Bold 9000> Curve 8900> Torch 9800> Bold 9790> White Z10 STL100-1 White Q10 SQN100-3
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Possible reboot fix

Hi there Ive had the similar issues on the 9790 but i tried this and it seems to be free from the random reboots (at least for the last 2 weeks.

1.Go into the event log ( ALT + LGLG )
    2.Menu / Blackberry key, Scroll to and Clear log
    3.Menu / Blackberry key, Scroll to Options
    4.Uncheck all the listed check boxes and save
    5.Battery pull

Hope it helps, best of luck.
    Thanked by:
    andremartins (05-06-2014) 
    andremartins likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm 13 my dad got me the 9790 8 months ago and all of a sudden my phone started rebooting itself and going from a full battery to completely empty. I tried the 'clear' long thing but I don't know where to save hopefully it will work.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi !
    How did you trace the incriminated apps ?
    thanks !
    i tried all above...no effect, now i'm using third battery bought last friday, all i can say that rebooting appears when phone ask for more power like making calls, taking pictures, browsing...,
    Last edited by Alina Stana; 12-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi guys ! so simple.. just clean battery contacts most contacts with main board !! there were signs of corrosion most likely due to moisture. now runs like new ! trick with paper can be ignored if contacts clean is made properly, anyway it was so helpful giving me the idea of ​​contact problems. about disassemble 9790 to reach contacts to main board check this :
    merry Christmas !
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem and I even got a new battery
    CrackBerry Newbie

clean contacts and will be like new. i used some cheap kontact cleaning solution . if you need help write me .. valistana@yahoo.co.uk
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same issues, changed batteries, redid software 3 times, new micro SD card and nothing! Took it to the electronics place where I bought it used/unlocked, and he took it appart and sprayed some sleaning/anti-static spray on the motherboard and wiped it and BAM!!!!! Just like new! I should say that I bought it 6 months ago but in the last month have been through hell with this thing and back. Battery drainage, constant rebooting, etc. Now it's perfect for 2 weeks and plan on keeping it alive as long as possible!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default genius!!!!

thanks, thanks, and again, THANKS!
    This saved my life, my blackberry bold was rebooting ALL the time, I did EXACTLY you said and, magic! it's working again, perfectly!
    Cheers from Brazil!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default 9790 rebooting

hi did you resolve this problem?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default My bb 9790 keeps rebooting

i have a blackberry 9790 and recently it keeps on rebooting itself everytime, sometimes it reboots even 10times a day. When i leave the house my battery is fully charged but after a while the phone restarts itself and the battery goes from 80% to complete 0%. i have updated the software and reinstalled in again but no luck. Please help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had a chronic case of this. I had burned my way through 3 batteries (or so I thought)....

I had a 9700 once, and the paper trick DID work for that, unfortunately not this time. Then i tried deleting all my apps and media, but to no avail....

My E-mails however were maxxed out at 170 unread messages, and this was what was causing the unprompted re-boots. I deleted all E-mails, read and unread and all three batteries work great now!

The new batteries only fixed the problems temporarily, and all the other measures although effective weren't the solutions.

DELETE YOUR EMAILS GUYS!

(anyone want to buy a battery)