Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery will not charge fully

will top up and stay at 96% no matter how long I leave the charger plugged in; swapped batteries, same thing.
    I think this is a warranty issue.
    Running OS 7.1

Any opinions?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

It might be just not showing that it is actually at 100%. You can calibrate it by letting it rundown and die and then giving it a full charge. Is this a brand new phone? If it is I would probably just get a new one while you're within your return period.

Maybe a battery app would help, but I'm not sure.

Peter9477 is a battery Guru(he has an app for the pb called Battery Guru, lol). Maybe he will see this and give you some insight. Or you could pm him.

Good luck.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

In the recent couple of weeks, I had the same problem. It used to show 99+ at full charge but it suddenly started hovering around 93 etc. It did not matter if I used a USB/computer or a wall charger. One day, I forgot to carry a charging cable and had to snap up one at the nearest store. Suddenly, it came back up to 99+ and no problem since then.
    I cant think of any good explanation and it might be just a coincidence. But the charging cable seems to have some effect. I also remember that my brand new USB car charger did not charge at all, but was totally fine when I changed to a normal cigarette lighter charger of no name brand.
    So....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks
    The charging indicator (thunderbolt) never stops and switches to a plug as it does on the other devices. And as it charges forever, but never goes beyond 96%
    The handheld is new, but I have already discharged the battery completely once, and I have it for 2 weeks so I'm pretty sure it is a malfunction.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

If you were running my app on the PlayBook, I'd ask you to send me the export file and I could analyze it.

As it is, my knowledge of this area doesn't extend to any of the current BB phones, so I'm afraid I can't help. Sorry.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have this issue using a nokia car USB charger. each time stopping at 94 when using BB charger stopping at 99+
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm having the same problem since yesterday. The other nite I upgraded to 7.1

I left the device to charge the whole night, when I got up was at 68%. Within a couple of hours the device was drained and shut down completely.

Now it's stock to 70% it wont charge more than that. Tried different cables, the old 9780 power supply and the playbook one too.

Any clue?
    CrackBerry User

You can try this, its amazingly worked for me. Put your device on the floor/ground when charging, do not put it on the table or higher place and you will see it will charge to 100%
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

I was seeing the same problem with the battery on 7.1.0.336 only going up to 95% so i decided to try the 7.1.0.408 well the battery died during the day and i mean fast... while i was at work and not in use go figure...and i did a full charge overnight very strange..
    Anyway i plugged the phone into my PC at work and this time it charged right up to 100% this was a 1.30 pm its now 9.00pm i have been listening to music for the past few hours i am down to 90%..
    I hope its fixed but i did notice another item now missing when i loaded .336 it gave me 3G /H+ in network settings now with .408 it shows 3G and no sign of H+ short changed again...
    It would be nice if someone could get the OS better and stop short cutting...
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    29B9D843

Quote Originally Posted by PALeafs67 View Post
    I was seeing the same problem with the battery on 7.1.0.336 only going up to 95% so i decided to try the 7.1.0.408 well the battery died during the day and i mean fast... while i was at work and not in use go figure...and i did a full charge overnight very strange..
    Anyway i plugged the phone into my PC at work and this time it charged right up to 100% this was a 1.30 pm its now 9.00pm i have been listening to music for the past few hours i am down to 90%..
    I hope its fixed but i did notice another item now missing when i loaded .336 it gave me 3G /H+ in network settings now with .408 it shows 3G and no sign of H+ short changed again...
    It would be nice if someone could get the OS better and stop short cutting...
    Wow where'd you get the .408 from? Is it official? Point to any links if possible please. Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by vula View Post
    You can try this, its amazingly worked for me. Put your device on the floor/ground when charging, do not put it on the table or higher place and you will see it will charge to 100%
    You must be kidding me because a phone that will only charge in the floor is seriusly wrong!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

Quote Originally Posted by Bad.hair.spray View Post
    Wow where'd you get the .408 from? Is it official? Point to any links if possible please. Thanks
    Right here on Crackberry General forums you can even load up the hybrid version too they both work fine.
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

My 9790 is running Version is 7.1.0.437 hybrid works fine.Charging fully still..
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry User

Is .437 battery life better than .402?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

.402 battery life was fine i thought i saw radio option for 9790 so i loaded the hybrid anyway both good battery life so far...
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Hi

Hi

You can leave a modern laptop Lithium battery connected for 5 years if you wish without damaging it...its the old Ni-Cad batteries you are thinking of from around 12 years ago....

All the best Brett
    DELL Latitude E5420 Battery,DELL Latitude E5420 Battery/Adapter.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad.hair.spray View Post
    There is no OS .408, he must mean .402

Sent from my BlackBerry® Bold™
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Will the battery have a plug symbol on it when fully charge?

My 9790 indicates a 100percent charge but the battery on the screen still has the lighting symbol. Is this normal?or Am i having a problem. Thanks