Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Apps to convert Winmail.dat?

I have never had a problem opening jpg images on my BB but now all of a sudden they appear as winmail.dat files when sent from Outlook. Maybe due an update? I have checked my Outlook (2010) settings and it is set to 'compose in HTML' and 'convert to HTML', so that shouldn't be the issue. However I know it is Outlook as i have sent the same image from my online mail account and BB receives it fine. Also sent from outlook to iPad and this also receives as winmail. Does anybody know a quick fix - I have posted on an outlook forum too but BB people may have experienced the same?
    Are there any apps that convert winmail.dat?
    Thanks

Sending as HTML will cause Outlook to send the proprietary winmail.dat attachment. I have never found a way to defeat this from the recipient side, usually the simple solution is to fire a short email back to request the email is sent again as Plain Text or RichText, otherwise it will be ignored until you get to a PC.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones