Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jrocke0w0
  • 1 Post By jrocke0w0
  • 1 Post By InfinityBob
  • 1 Post By jaykay88
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default anyone tried the mugen 1500mAh battery?

Just wondering if anyone here has tried the Mugen 1500 mAh battery in their 9790 yet. If so, is it worth it? How does it compare to jm1?
    InfinityBob likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrocke0w0 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here has tried the Mugen 1500 mAh battery in their 9790 yet. If so, is it worth it? How does it compare to jm1?
    I suggest don't go for a hardware instead try out the link below my signature below and you will find peace of mind as far as the battery is concerned.
    Posted via CB10

BB Z30 STA100-2 powered by 10.3.1.938
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by maxx71 View Post
    I suggest don't go for a hardware instead try out the link below my signature below and you will find peace of mind as far as the battery is concerned.
    I appreciate that but I'm already running BL rc4 with .649 base and .523sfi
    The bold are helpless without cleverness.
    Euripides. http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-search
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts

I appreciate that but I'm already running BL rc4 with .649 base and .523sfi
    I had the RC2 on my 9790 with the .523sfi and it was awesome, try it out and use it over the .569 base. Sure it would help !
    RC4, has base .649 leaked which has not managed to produce good results with people using leaked or hybrid. Exceptions are always there !
    Posted via CB10

BB Z30 STA100-2 powered by 10.3.1.938
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by maxx71 View Post
    I had the RC2 on my 9790 with the .523sfi and it was awesome, try it out and use it over the .569 base. Sure it would help !
    RC4, has base .649 leaked which has not managed to produce good results with people using leaked or hybrid. Exceptions are always there !
    Yeah I took my phone off the charger yesterday at 8am and by 12:30am when I was going to bed I still had 43% battery. Average discharge was right around 2%. It has finally settled and I can live with this no problem. Still, anyone try the Mugen yet?
    maxx71 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Yeah I took my phone off the charger yesterday at 8am and by 12:30am when I was going to bed I still had 43% battery. Average discharge was right around 2%. It has finally settled and I can live with this no problem. Still, anyone try the Mugen yet?
    Is there a tutorial to do that? I took my phone off charge today at 10:30, its 5:30 and I have 40%

Thank you
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Default Re: anyone tried the mugen 1500mAh battery?

I just got my mugen 1500mah today and I found myself questioning the instructions on the reverse of the packaging -

"Batteries should be initially charged and discharged 3-5 times to achieve stated capacity"
    "Always charge the new battery for at least 12 hours before use"

Is this not out-dated guidance where Lithium-ion batteries are concerned? I was of the understanding that they do not have the memory effect which the old ones had? The only reason I can think of why a full discharge might be needed is to calibrate the % meter with the new battery so that you get an accurate reading. This is a bit disconcerting if we are to trust that mugen know their stuff with batteries!

Also something I would love confirmed, if anyone knows, is if blackberries carry on taking in power after the battery meter displays full? Because I was under the impression that they automatically stop taking in power once they are at 100% - like a built in protection mechanism to avoid overcharging/battery damage? If so, there would be no way to charge "for at least 12 hours." as the mugen instructions?

I am using a Bold 9790. I'm not a very heavy user on the typical day and I often get the best part of 2 days out of my standard 1230mah JM1 with over night auto off/on. I'll post back to let you all know how I get on with the mugen 1500.

By the way I am new to the Crackberry forums, so hi ya'all from the UK!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Well anyways, so far so good.

Finished 3rd full charge up today (charged over night). Took off charge at about 11am, it's now 8pm and I am at 92% (after 9 hours). Brightness on 10, minimal use, battery saver off, app resource manager off. In terms of standby time this is very solid so far.

Prior to today I had a darkened privacy screen protector on which meant I needed at least 40 brightness to see what the heck I was doing, and I also had app resource manager and battery saver on. With this set up I was getting about the same life as the standard 1230mah (worth noting). I have a feeling that battery saver and app resource manager are novelties and probably cause more drain than what they save if always running.

Hope this helps anyone considering the purchase!

Also, as I am slightly OCD when it comes to batteries - I am going to be trying a 3600mah (with rear cover) from ebay! so I will post back at some point with some feedback.
    noobishnoob likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Hi, I'm new here. I haven't BlackBerry yet, but considering to buy it. Tell me, Bob...how is your Mugen Battery? I'm not heavy user (30-40 messages daily, sometimes makes some calls 5-10 min). Is it worth to buy this battery? I wish my batter life was about 3-4 day.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityBob View Post
    Well anyways, so far so good.

Finished 3rd full charge up today (charged over night). Took off charge at about 11am, it's now 8pm and I am at 92% (after 9 hours). Brightness on 10, minimal use, battery saver off, app resource manager off. In terms of standby time this is very solid so far.

Prior to today I had a darkened privacy screen protector on which meant I needed at least 40 brightness to see what the heck I was doing, and I also had app resource manager and battery saver on. With this set up I was getting about the same life as the standard 1230mah (worth noting). I have a feeling that battery saver and app resource manager are novelties and probably cause more drain than what they save if always running.

Hope this helps anyone considering the purchase!

Also, as I am slightly OCD when it comes to batteries - I am going to be trying a 3600mah (with rear cover) from ebay! so I will post back at some point with some feedback.
    InfinityBob likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay88 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I haven't BlackBerry yet, but considering to buy it. Tell me, Bob...how is your Mugen Battery? I'm not heavy user (30-40 messages daily, sometimes makes some calls 5-10 min). Is it worth to buy this battery? I wish my batter life was about 3-4 day.
    Well after 10 days testing I am finding this 1500mah from mugen pretty much guarantees 2 days between charges with moderate use, and maybe slightly more if you have a day or two with minimal use (perhaps 3 days at a stretch). This is with 3G and WIFI turned on most of the time but overnight auto-off/on from 12.00am to 8.30am. This is not much of an improvement over the original 1230mah battery.

To address my other note previously - I received a defective 3600mah battery from ebay (it was one of the ones from Asia with yellow, red and white markings). My 9790 displayed an empty battery icon in the middle of the screen with a big red cross through it. The battery was basically dead and would not take in any charge. The battery was obviously 'used' instead of new as listed - even the plastic bags which contained the battery and rear cover door had broken seals. So I shall be returning it. Caution if you go for one of these (although available from different sellers). It's probably awesome if you actually receive an unused one which somebody else hasn't drained dead before you.

I may try the 3200mah Onite brand which I read some good reviews on Amazon for, or the Mugen 3600mah.