- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Another damn unlocking thread
I'm having difficulties unlocking my BB Bold 9790. I have the MEP code. I'm trying to unlock it from Koodo, to use with Chatr. I have a koodo sim card that isn't currently registered as active. I have my Chatr SIM card. I've entered in the MEP code while my Chatr sim was in the phone. I get this message: Code error. It looks like I only get 10 chances to unlock it, any I've already used two! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, should I try it with the koodo sim in it? Koodo wants $50 to unlock it! I thought I was home free, and now I need your help. I can't find a thread for my particular problem, anybody got solutions? Should I just take it to an unlocking place? It should be mentioned that I changed the BlackBerry ID for the phone so I could try this with the Chatr sim, should I change it back to the original ID? I'm lost.
Thanks for your time,
- 01-17-13, 07:06 PM #2
1) This should have been posted in the BlackBerry Unlocking Forum
2) If the phone is locked to Koodo, then you need an active Koodo SIM inserted to accept the MEP code and unlock it
- 01-17-13, 08:48 PM #4
No worries, happy to help.
I only suggested posting in the Unlocking Forum as this one is usually dead, and there are plenty of pros in there who can answer your technical questions quickly.
- By thumper007 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 03-17-09, 07:26 PM
- By thumper007 in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 4Last Post: 03-17-09, 07:26 PM
- By manav in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 23Last Post: 12-26-08, 06:37 PM
- By BB-fan in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-23-08, 10:48 PM
- By weshimself in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-05-08, 12:05 PM