Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

Default So..........................I guess............

Irony is an alien concept too?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Like other has already suggested, complaining here is not going to fix it. Let the IT personnel know or whoever ordered these phone knows. We only have about 130 Blackberies in our office, and yet we have a contact at T-Mobile. We do our purchase and return through her. If you are just the regular employee, I don't know why you are the one contacting Orange, if you are part of the IT group, then it's a shame that you are not following others suggestion. I am pretty sure if you are assigned with those gadgets you probably have rather important role within the company. Let the others do the work for you
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

I think we will need to have them returned they are going from bad to worse, several users have complained about random emails being sent,random calls being made combined with the poor signal issue they really aren't fit for purpose.
    Tonight whilst in the car no signal at all ,the 9790 sat on SOS for 12 miles whilst my aincient Nokia(not a 6210 but pretty old) had 4 bars, and had to be pressed into service.
    The bad news is we are geared up for Blackberry's we have always used them so we are kinda stuck with the brand.
    Might need to totally rethink our comms strategy.
    (we do have some Iphones the calls are ok but mail is a bit ropey)
    CrackBerry User

I have used the phone for the last 6 months and now believe the latest update 7.1..569 does have signal drop outs. It is just ridiculous that the signal drops out and I have to hold it up to the window to send or receive text messages.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anipilot View Post
    I have used the phone for the last 6 months and now believe the latest update 7.1..569 does have signal drop outs. It is just ridiculous that the signal drops out and I have to hold it up to the window to send or receive text messages.
    try the .523sfi with the 7.1.0.569 OS. I too had similar issues but once i did this it cured itself !
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-07-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Posted via CB10

BB Q10 SQN100-3 powered by 10.2.1.1925
    CrackBerry User

Default How do I download the Hybrid OS?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx71 View Post
    There are many things that go to enhance battery of the phone.
    I will try and explain what i had done to make it an awesome device :
    Set the brightness to 10% and backlight to 20secs.
    Used 2G when not browsing.
    Enabled battery saver to Always on.

Then i did the Unimaginable, i loaded an Hybrid OS ( best of many OS combined by a genius) and the results were mind boggling and Awesome to say the least. Try the thread below my signature and you will know for yourself how many people found peace with thier battery life. Give it a shot !
    Hi!

I'm very new to the Blackberry world, and just got my BB Bold 9790 only last week. I'd like to know if the Hybrid OS can be downloaded for the Bold 9790, and if so, how do I do that, in step by step format? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

I wonder how this thread will end.

You guys have been really nice to that op.
    andy957 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sashag View Post
    Hi!

I'm very new to the Blackberry world, and just got my BB Bold 9790 only last week. I'd like to know if the Hybrid OS can be downloaded for the Bold 9790, and if so, how do I do that, in step by step format? Thanks!
    It's not all that difficult to load a Hybrid OS on your phone, PM me or my BBM pin is below my Avtaar and i will guide you through. If you want to pick it from the relevent thread, it is there below my signature.

For starters please have the Base OS 7.1.0.523 installed on your computer and the latest version of Desktop manager.
    Posted via CB10

BB Q10 SQN100-3 powered by 10.2.1.1925
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    PIN
    DROP SILENCE

Surprised that all signal drop complaints here, are from the UK carriers.
    BB Users from India, check out www.bbindia.net
    CrackBerry User

I like the bold 9790 and i think your exaggerating..i never get dropped calls and the battery life might not be as good as a curves but defiantly better than a 9900s.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

I believe the op is a user, not part of the it group hence why he won't follow some of the sugguested troubleshooting.

If the 200 phones aren't working...I'm not sure why your posting a rant on an internet forum instead of sending your group IT an email about your issues.

People here have helped, your just not choosing to try any of them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jazzert100 View Post
    We now have 200 9790's at work, they are the worst phone yet.
    Signal constantly drops battery life is pathetic.
    We now refer to them as pagers cos you get one ring then a missed call alert.

Anyone managed to return 200 phones to Orange?
    I can buy one from you!
    :-)

Are they locked or SIM-free?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me for PIN

Default Re: 9790 pile of garbage!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzert100 View Post
    I think we will need to have them returned they are going from bad to worse, ......random calls being made combined with the poor signal issue they really aren't fit for purpose.
    Tonight whilst in the car no signal at all ,the 9790 sat on SOS for 12 miles whilst my aincient Nokia(not a 6210 but pretty old) had 4 bars, and had to be pressed into service.
    Not meaning to be funny here, but the devices have got simcards installed right??
    CrackBerry Newbie

I agree with this the 9790 is crap
    mine reboots all the time no matter which OS is on it, it's pretty much not usable anymore, this is my 2nd 9790.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by snow_cow View Post
    I agree with this the 9790 is crap
    mine reboots all the time no matter which OS is on it, it's pretty much not usable anymore, this is my 2nd 9790.
    I have the same problem after 8 months of use and second battery. Tried all the firmwares, wiped the phone, uninstalled everything and seem to be a hardware problem. In fact, I think with the use the charging ic gets old and starts to act in a weird way or get damaged. Right now I'm trying to get the device to RIM, but is very difficult, because I'm a personal user. I bought the device via an internet vendor (Expansys).

Symptoms:
    - Rebooting randomly, or when open the maps, google maps (GPS app), shooting pictures (flash) o browsing (3G, Wifi). Seems when the device need some juice.
    - Charging sometime is ok, about 2-1/2 hours or 3h and other gets forever, or stuck at 95% or others numbers.
    - When reboots, the battery drops from 80% to 20% or 10% and if reboots again get back to 80%
    - Sometimes said low battery to use radio and the battery meter is at 60% or greater
    - Sometimes when try to use the flash said low battery and the meter is over 50%

PD: Why RIM makes devices with a life less than a year? is this the new policy to force you to buy a new device? I love this device and I'm thinking seriously in buying a new 9790, but if it lasts less than a year, is it worth it?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    msg me for the details (=.=''')

the best for him or her ,just ignore him or her

he just make us angry only

Global Posts
    35,359 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by L u i s View Post
    I have the same problem after 8 months of use and second battery. Tried all the firmwares, wiped the phone, uninstalled everything and seem to be a hardware problem. In fact, I think with the use the charging ic gets old and starts to act in a weird way or get damaged. Right now I'm trying to get the device to RIM, but is very difficult, because I'm a personal user. I bought the device via an internet vendor (Expansys).

Symptoms:
    - Rebooting randomly, or when open the maps, google maps (GPS app), shooting pictures (flash) o browsing (3G, Wifi). Seems when the device need some juice.
    - Charging sometime is ok, about 2-1/2 hours or 3h and other gets forever, or stuck at 95% or others numbers.
    - When reboots, the battery drops from 80% to 20% or 10% and if reboots again get back to 80%
    - Sometimes said low battery to use radio and the battery meter is at 60% or greater
    - Sometimes when try to use the flash said low battery and the meter is over 50%

PD: Why RIM makes devices with a life less than a year? is this the new policy to force you to buy a new device? I love this device and I'm thinking seriously in buying a new 9790, but if it lasts less than a year, is it worth it?
    Your experience is the exception, not the rule. If you bought it from a reputable retailer, then you have the manufacturer's warranty to fall back on. No electronic equipment is 100% infallible.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•° `°•.ļļ.•° Born to ™ °•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    L u i s (01-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Please, I wish all of you respect my point of view. I love this device and I just bought another one today, but all of you have to understand than I am a heavy user and my device only lasts 8 months. So I am complaining about that. The old BB's lasts about 2 years of heavy use, and Iīm talking about 9870! and also with a great battery life.

Greetings.

Global Posts
    35,359 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

I agree, we should respect your experience. I'm saying it's not the norm, and you should have it replaced. They're built to last. My 9930 is a year old and flawless. Were the 9790 poorly built, this forum would be flooded with complaints.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•° `°•.ļļ.•° Born to ™ °•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•°` `°•.ļļ.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    L u i s (01-10-2013) 
    L u i s likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L u i s View Post
    Sorry you had that experience. Sadly for you, it was different from mine when I had a BlackBerry. I had several models - 8300, 9000, 8900, 9700, 9800, 9900. While I had some of the OS freezes and hourglassing that commonly get reported here, they didn't happen often really. In terms of hardware problems, I never had anything go wrong more than a gummed up trackball on the 8900. And all of them took some pretty nasty falls.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by:
    L u i s (01-10-2013) 
    BigBadWulf likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12