Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9790 battery life & overheating

I had several BB (8700, 8310, 8900 + pearl second phone, 9780) never had an hardware issue and been a bb fan to the core.

When my 9780 display went black all of sudden I felt sad for having my first hardware failure in years but I quickly ordered through ebay from a shop in London the 9790.

I was pleased enough with the 9780 so I thought the 9790 would have come closer to the perfect smartphone having the touch screen.

Unfortunately I have been unlucky ever since I unboxed the device have a major issue: battery drain and over heating.

There are certain things that trigger an incredible battery drain (I'm talking 40/60% per hour) and overheating: link the device with the laptop regardless if for charging or sync data, battery pull (so forget swap sim cards on a plan when travelling to different country), partial charging.

I've tried several things to solve the problem:
    - different OS version either 7.0 and 7.1 official and leaked
    - different batteries
    - different sim cards
    - different memory cards
    - different cables
    - different charging pods/power supplies

Unfortunately nothing was able to fix the issue so I've been living with it since April meanwhile I come to learn that many bb7 device are affected by the same issue. I think RIM should have recall the devices affected. Since that some devices seems not to be affected by the issue I guess I should send it in for repair however I need it for work and I should purchase another one to use while in repair and I dont want to spend another 300 knowing that in a few months I'll be purchasing a BB10.

It's frustrating to say the list that I cannot fully enjoy this 9790 because other than that it would be a very good bb.

I guess this is my rant about the 9790.
  2. ngc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

40/60% per hour?? Looks like you got a faulty phone man... I usually get about 20 hours of battery life out of my 9790 always on 3G and I'm a farily meium/heavy user, BBM all day, emails all day, about 30 min of calls a day, Facebook when I'm bored, etc...

I think you shoulod send it to get it checked out...
    BlackBerry Bold 9790

BlackBerry by Choice

If you like one of my themes just DONATE

If I helped click the Thanks button!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I know the device has some issue and I should send it in for repair but I want to point out there are many bb7 devices out there with the same issue. Three others among my friends and it's not that I have that many friends left using bb.
    CrackBerry User

Idk what your talking about i know MANY people with blackberry 7 phones and none of them had those problems.....blame they guy on ebay...not RIM...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Probably you dont know exactly what you're talking about since I bought it on ebay it doesnt mean I bought I used phone from some random dude. I've bought a brand new phone with seal on the box still intact from a London shop on ebay that has also a brick and mortar shop in London.

Since they do not manufacture bb all in the same factory it might also be that a bunch of them that are (were) on the Euroean market are affected by this issue it could have been a single lot from a single factory but the issue is there and you can check different forum and you'll see people complaining about it. Mine was made in Taiwan.
  6. ngc
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

thats totally plausible...

I'm from Caracas, Venezuela and one of the carriers (Movistar) was selling the 9900 and a complete lot came defective with the red led...

Maybe you and your friends have bought them from a bad lot??
    BlackBerry Bold 9790

BlackBerry by Choice

If you like one of my themes just DONATE

If I helped click the Thanks button!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    msg me for the details (=.=''')

I don't know this is truth or not. All 9790 and playbook are made in taiwan except the demo set from rim in canada.