Seems like options is disabled in the Stitch theme, I open my bb menu and select Options, it kicks me back
    It's not disabled it is a custom theme and you can blame RIM for this issue with the OS and custom themes. You can inject an older .cod file into the OS on your phone to get the 'Options' setting to work (Hardest) or request the wallpaper from Pootermobile to use. (Easiest)
    leontam likes this.
    03-07-12 06:55 AM
    andyahs, care to share which older .cod for the options will work and which .cod should I inject to have shortcut "s" reactivated for search? Seems like the theme or rim's glitch disabled them...thanks
    03-08-12 01:57 AM
    Seems like options is disabled in the Stitch theme, I open my bb menu and select Options, it kicks me back
    Same problem with my 9780 (with all the themes). Maybe you can try this:

Options > Display > Screen Display > Select your theme in the list, then press the menu key, select Reset Theme Defaults, press enter
    Last edited by JackJerry; 03-08-12 at 04:53 AM.
    leontam likes this.
    03-08-12 04:43 AM
    andyahs, care to share which older .cod for the options will work and which .cod should I inject to have shortcut "s" reactivated for search? Seems like the theme or rim's glitch disabled them...thanks
    I believe it's the net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod from .615 that works.
    leontam likes this.
    03-08-12 06:56 AM
    Thanks andyahs, I'll definitely give that one a try.

Same problem with my 9780 (with all the themes). Maybe you can try this:

Options > Display > Screen Display > Select your theme in the list, then press the menu key, select Reset Theme Defaults, press enter
    Hehe, thanks for the advice, I've tried that sometime ago and it scatters all my icons that I've arranged in folders all over the place, so I try to avoid the "reset theme defaults" path if possible
    03-08-12 09:19 AM
    Thanks andyahs, I'll definitely give that one a try.

Hehe, thanks for the advice, I've tried that sometime ago and it scatters all my icons that I've arranged in folders all over the place, so I try to avoid the "reset theme defaults" path if possible
    Hehe it does indeed
    03-09-12 05:00 AM
    Ok guys sorry it took a while for me to get to this but I added the default wallpaper of Stitch I know for many users recent OSs have a bug where you can't get to theme options in custom themes preventing you to go back to the theme's default wallpaper. So go to the original post and download the wallpaper!
    JackJerry, leontam, henghs and 1 others like this.
    03-11-12 06:49 PM
    Pootermobile, will you be sorting the key-application mapping application shortcuts on main screen?

E.g. Y to launch Manage Connection, G to launch GoogleTalk, J to launch Google Maps, 0 to launch Sound Profile etc?

I love your theme very much but some of the missing shortcuts makes launching application a bit harder. Btw, kudus for a great theme.
    03-16-12 06:33 AM
    Pootermobile, will you be sorting the key-application mapping application shortcuts on main screen?

E.g. Y to launch Manage Connection, G to launch GoogleTalk, J to launch Google Maps, 0 to launch Sound Profile etc?

I love your theme very much but some of the missing shortcuts makes launching application a bit harder. Btw, kudus for a great theme.
    The standard shortcuts are always in Pooter's themes but some of those are 3rd party apps that other developers may have used.

R - Alarm
    T - Tasks
    U - Calculator
    O - Options
    A - Address Book
    S - Search
    D - Notes
    F - Profiles
    H - Help
    K - Lock keypad
    L - Calendar
    M - Messages
    B - Browser
    N - BlackBerry Messenger
    V - Saved messages
    C - Compose
    henghs likes this.
    03-16-12 08:40 AM
    2 most important shortcuts are missing... 0 - Sound profiles and Y - Manage Connections perhaps?
    03-16-12 09:48 AM
    The standard shortcuts are always in Pooter's themes but some of those are 3rd party apps that other developers may have used.

R - Alarm
    T - Tasks
    U - Calculator
    O - Options
    A - Address Book
    S - Search
    D - Notes
    F - Profiles
    H - Help
    K - Lock keypad
    L - Calendar
    M - Messages
    B - Browser
    N - BlackBerry Messenger
    V - Saved messages
    C - Compose
    hmm... Can't simulate the R - Alarm and F - Profiles though. You managed to do that?
    I was so happy when I saw your post but still Profiles and Manage Connection are pretty common features I used everyday. Would be very handy if I can do that on this theme.
    Just love this clean theme.
    03-16-12 10:45 AM
    hmm... Can't simulate the R - Alarm and F - Profiles though. You managed to do that?
    I was so happy when I saw your post but still Profiles and Manage Connection are pretty common features I used everyday. Would be very handy if I can do that on this theme.
    Just love this clean theme.

I used to do keyboard shortcuts to do things on the homescreen. But I stopped doing them because many people use universal search so that when you start typing from the homescreen it automatically takes you to universal search. And there isn't a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts done through svg, at least that I know of. So I decided not to add any kind of keyboard shortcuts. Sorry if this a inconvenience for you. Thanks for downloading Stitch though
    henghs likes this.
    03-16-12 04:15 PM
    Pootermobile, I am sure there is way to do the keypad short cut as there are many themes out there that does this. Universal search is great but I really that you can consider having another version that adds at least the 2 options I mentioned above pleeze..... :-)
    03-16-12 05:47 PM
    Thanks andyahs, I took the plunge and installed the net_rim_bb_app.cod from 6.0.0.461, and yippee, now all my themes can access the "Home Screen Preferences" options.

I've attached a zipped version of it, I just used bbsak to inject the cod into my phone.

Pootermobile, thanks for your great theme! Here's my own wallpaper (photo taken from my 9780 while on a hike)
    andyahs likes this.
    03-19-12 03:00 AM
    thius is great theme but hard to access manage connection
    04-01-12 09:38 AM
    thius is great theme but hard to access manage connection
    Agree with you. When scroll the cursor all the way up to highlight on the clock icon, sometimes somehow by certain combination of keypress, manage to bring up the Manage Connection menu but most of the time it's just bringing up the clock.

I got frustrated trying to figure how to do this...
    04-02-12 12:18 AM
    Pootermobile, is there any way you can repair the bug with title bar? My title bar's text always get cut off, and the fact that the font in menu and messages is quite big kinda make it hard to read them all at once. I'm sure most of the people here wanted that too, and the fact that this is somehow kind of a minimalistic theme makes it much much more worth it. I'm going to write a big review about it, since I'm very choosy with themes, so can you fix those two first. Just to make it easier for you :

1) Title bar font in browser, menu, and messages gets cut off (font too big)
    2) Menu and messages text too big, making it hard to read all of the things at once

These two fixed, and I'll be using this theme for the rest of my BB's life and a big review coming up for it. Thanks in advance.
    05-22-12 08:34 AM
    Pootermobile, is there any way you can repair the bug with title bar? My title bar's text always get cut off, and the fact that the font in menu and messages is quite big kinda make it hard to read them all at once. I'm sure most of the people here wanted that too, and the fact that this is somehow kind of a minimalistic theme makes it much much more worth it. I'm going to write a big review about it, since I'm very choosy with themes, so can you fix those two first. Just to make it easier for you :

1) Title bar font in browser, menu, and messages gets cut off (font too big)
    2) Menu and messages text too big, making it hard to read all of the things at once

These two fixed, and I'll be using this theme for the rest of my BB's life and a big review coming up for it. Thanks in advance.
    1. That is a TB issue not specific to this theme.

2. My messages text is fine as Pooter never changes the font in his themes. Try adjusting your font size.

3. Theme is free......just enjoy....
    razorx0 likes this.
    05-22-12 08:44 AM
    1. That is a TB issue not specific to this theme.

2. My messages text is fine as Pooter never changes the font in his themes. Try adjusting your font size.

3. Theme is free......just enjoy....
    Oh, so that means there is no way that can be fixed? Okay then and maybe because I'm used to font size of 6, it seems way too big btw yeah, I'm enjoying myself with this theme. And quicklaunch really compliments it perfectly.
    05-22-12 09:04 AM
    Oh, so that means there is no way that can be fixed? Okay then and maybe because I'm used to font size of 6, it seems way too big btw yeah, I'm enjoying myself with this theme. And quicklaunch really compliments it perfectly.
    According to one developer it can be fixed with coding but as he stated 'Not worth the effort in a free theme.' Not sure if this is correct and if all developers feel this way....
    05-22-12 09:08 AM
    According to one developer it can be fixed with coding but as he stated 'Not worth the effort in a free theme.' Not sure if this is correct and if all developers feel this way....
    Thanks for clearing this up. I had the same question on the "Fresco" theme by Pootermobile and haven't gotten a reply. Unfortunately, that was a paid theme. You are right, many other themes both paid and free don't have this issue. Thanks for the info.
    05-22-12 09:23 AM
    well if it have to turned into premium theme, i wouldn't mind either since its the best theme so far that I ever seen and I'm willing to pay for such quality.
    05-22-12 09:42 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD