Someone recently asked if I had any themes with mini-icons, which was something I had not yet attempted with 96xx devices. So I thought I would give it my best shot and try to come up with something simple, clean and as wallpaper friendly as I could.
    So here is what I came up with and please note that not all icons will re-size correctly (out of the 30 or so on my device, MySpace was the only one I had this issue with).

Clean BB6 1.0

Hidden Dock w/ 9 mini-icons (+/- to show/hide)
    Weather Slot in banner (app slot 1)
    Custom colored highlights/cursors & wallpaper throughout

Download Clean BB6 OTA
    * reset device after install otherwise the calendar date may not render correctly

As always, I hope my themes are enjoyed and your feedback is always welcomed

UPDATE
    If anyone experiences the new message indicator (*) getting cut off, please let me know which app icon this is occurring with.

I did have to modify the * to show up correctly on the stock apps without being cut off, but I have also noticed that some apps appear to have the * embedded within the app itself as they won't reflect my modifications (read my comment on this here, post #4)

Thanks!

UPDATE
    06/24/2011

I have attempted to fix the cut off new message indicator (*) so if everyone can try the new version (1.1) and let me know, I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by JavaBrat; 06-24-11 at 07:42 AM. Reason: updated version
    06-18-11 06:38 AM
    Wow. It's a great theme man.
    Really wallpaper friendly.
    Thanks for make it free.
    Any plan to make it with OS 7 icons and black background on the app screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 07:31 AM
    Wow. It's a great theme man.
    Really wallpaper friendly.
    Thanks for make it free.
    Any plan to make it with OS 7 icons and black background on the app screen?

Thanks for the reply Bold_9809!

This is more so just a trial run as I was mostly just trying to see if I could accomplish the mini-icons. But I'm sure if enough people show interest I can modify it to try to appeal to everyone
    06-18-11 07:45 AM
    Great theme... and yes I too agree it's wallpaper friendly... :-) Can you add in the sound profile icon anywhere on the top?

Thanks.
    06-18-11 10:28 AM
    Great theme... and yes I too agree it's wallpaper friendly... :-) Can you add in the sound profile icon anywhere on the top?

Thanks.
    Thanks!

I am already working on a new and improved version
    tarheel810 likes this.
    06-18-11 12:50 PM
    This is my new favorite theme! Thanks so much for making it. If I could make one request that the font in the email and sms application be smaller. As you can see from the attached, it cuts off the time. Would also like to see the profile icon availble at the top.
    06-28-11 05:13 PM
    This is my new favorite theme! Thanks so much for making it. If I could make one request that the font in the email and sms application be smaller. As you can see from the attached, it cuts off the time. Would also like to see the profile icon availble at the top.
    Thanks eadsam!

Did you try resetting your device to see if that would resolve the font size issue? I don't make any changes to the font size as it is supposed to adjust itself depending on the user device settings. Not to say it works all of the time LOL but someone had a similar issue with one of my themes this morning and a device reset resolved it. Let me know if it works for your device too.

I've also got another version of this theme in the works that will likely be a premium $0.99 theme, that will have the profile icon as well as a weather slot. I hope to have it posted within the next few days.

But please do let me know if a reset resolves your font issue and thanks again!

06-28-11 05:26 PM
    Unfortunately the device reset doesn't resolve the font issue for me.

Thanks eadsam!

Did you try resetting your device to see if that would resolve the font size issue? I don't make any changes to the font size as it is supposed to adjust itself depending on the user device settings. Not to say it works all of the time LOL but someone had a similar issue with one of my themes this morning and a device reset resolved it. Let me know if it works for your device too.

I've also got another version of this theme in the works that will likely be a premium $0.99 theme, that will have the profile icon as well as a weather slot. I hope to have it posted within the next few days.

But please do let me know if a reset resolves your font issue and thanks again!

06-28-11 05:34 PM
    Unfortunately the device reset doesn't resolve the font issue for me.
    I apologize for that

I will try to get it off my external HD tomorrow and see if I can get the issue resolved. Thanks for letting me know about it though

06-28-11 09:28 PM
    eadsam,

I jumped on my PC this morning to see the screenshot you posted as I had been replying from my BB and couldn't view it, when I noticed your info states you have a Torch 9800. Is that correct?

If so, there is unfortunately nothing I can do to resolve the font issue, short of making the theme over because this theme is for the 96xx series which has screen dimensions of 480x360 whereas your device is 360x480.

I apologize for this and had I been able to see this information when replying to you from my BB, I would have clarified. But at this time I only build for 85xx OS5, 89xx OS5, 93xx OS5/OS6 and 96xx OS5/OS6.

Again, I apologize for not being able to see your info from where I was replying, but if I ever decide to expand into other devices I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for your time and patience while I looked into the matter though, I do appreciate it!
    06-29-11 07:54 AM
    Looks lovely! Any chance it has/could be with Today on the front with a bunch of entries? <3 I don't know if that's a difficult thing to accomplish but it looks wonderful otherwise !
    06-30-11 12:02 AM
    hmm... how about the sound profile icon on the home screen... I'm getting to like this theme very much :-)
    06-30-11 01:25 AM
    Looks lovely! Any chance it has/could be with Today on the front with a bunch of entries? <3 I don't know if that's a difficult thing to accomplish but it looks wonderful otherwise !
    Thanks afflietta!

I have been working on trying to get a theme with the hidden today but unfortunately this is just one of many bugs with Theme Builder 6. I can add it without any problems, but then it just doesn't show up once its installed.

BUT a fellow theme developer shared some code with me today that should get it working, so I'm going to try to play around with it some in the next few days and see if I can't get it figured out and working

hmm... how about the sound profile icon on the home screen... I'm getting to like this theme very much :-)
    henghs, this was mostly just a theme I was using as a "trial run" to make sure the mini icons were in working order. I don't have a group of testers as other developers do, so this seemed like the next best idea

But if you wanted to check it out, I did release a premium theme yesterday that is very similar and on sale. Only difference is it has OS7 icons, profile in the banner and is a little more wallpaper friendly. You can view it here.

Hope this helps
    06-30-11 08:49 AM
    need hidden today in it
    07-02-11 06:26 AM
    need hidden today in it
    As I stated in my previous response...

I have been working on trying to get a theme with the hidden today but unfortunately this is just one of many bugs with Theme Builder 6. I can add it without any problems, but then it just doesn't show up once its installed.
    07-02-11 07:03 AM
    Hey there - so I guess I haven't updated my info but I actually have a unlocked 9780 on ATT. Still love the theme just wish the font was smaller in the email and SMS apps.

Thanks for being so involved in responding to people.

eadsam,

I jumped on my PC this morning to see the screenshot you posted as I had been replying from my BB and couldn't view it, when I noticed your info states you have a Torch 9800. Is that correct?

If so, there is unfortunately nothing I can do to resolve the font issue, short of making the theme over because this theme is for the 96xx series which has screen dimensions of 480x360 whereas your device is 360x480.

I apologize for this and had I been able to see this information when replying to you from my BB, I would have clarified. But at this time I only build for 85xx OS5, 89xx OS5, 93xx OS5/OS6 and 96xx OS5/OS6.

Again, I apologize for not being able to see your info from where I was replying, but if I ever decide to expand into other devices I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for your time and patience while I looked into the matter though, I do appreciate it!
    07-02-11 11:22 PM
    Hey there - so I guess I haven't updated my info but I actually have a unlocked 9780 on ATT. Still love the theme just wish the font was smaller in the email and SMS apps.

Thanks for being so involved in responding to people.
    That's fine, I just wanted to make sure the problem wasn't caused by a compatibility issue.

But thanks, I do try to stay as involved as possible. It is after all what I would expect if I were in your's or anyone else's shoes
    07-03-11 12:03 AM
    04-21-12 10:27 AM
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 11-07-15 at 10:40 AM.
    05-21-12 03:58 PM
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 11-07-15 at 10:39 AM.
    07-27-12 05:04 PM
    08-29-15 01:03 AM
    09-06-15 11:46 AM
    09-06-15 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD