I'm freaking out here. So basically I installed a COD file which would put the labels below the icons on the default OS 6 theme that would make it look like the early releases. I did not end up liking it, so i proceeded to remove the COD file using BBSAK and when the phone restarted it looked like the pictures below:

PLEASE HELP ME! Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling the OS?
    02-28-11 11:30 PM
    This may sound dumb... but did you do a battery pull after?
    02-28-11 11:47 PM
    YES. Any other tips?
    This may sound dumb... but did you do a battery pull after?
    02-28-11 11:49 PM
    You can't just delete the default theme file, you have to replace it. Your phone now has no theme.

If you've still got the original theme file from the OS you're using, then just install it via BBSAK.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 11:49 PM
    ohhhh was the original deleted? I didn't get that. I thought the added file was deleted, not the whole theme. My bad
    02-28-11 11:53 PM
    I'm on .461 and I don't think I have the original theme file. I know you're an authority on these things. Would you have this file by any chance?
    You can't just delete the default theme file, you have to replace it. Your phone now has no theme.

If you've still got the original theme file from the OS you're using, then just install it via BBSAK.

02-28-11 11:53 PM
    I'm on .461 and I don't think I have the original theme file. I know you're an authority on these things. Would you have this file by any chance?
    I don't I'm afraid, I'm still using the .131 icon name theme file.

If you used BBSAK to install the .131 theme file, then the original .461 theme file should still be in the Java folder on your PC.

If it is, then you have a couple of choices:-

1) Simply plug your phone into your PC and open Desktop Manager. DM should detect that the theme file is missing from your phone, and prompt you to install it.

2) Use BBSAK to install the .461 theme file cod. Just direct BBSAK to the .461 Java folder, and search for the net_rim_theme_blackberry6_480x360_b cod to install.

03-01-11 12:05 AM
    None of the above options worked. Anything else?
    I don't I'm afraid, I'm still using the .131 icon name theme file.

If you used BBSAK to install the .131 theme file, then the original .461 theme file should still be in the Java folder on your PC.

If it is, then you have a couple of choices:-

1) Simply plug your phone into your PC and open Desktop Manager. DM should detect that the theme file is missing from your phone, and prompt you to install it.

2) Use BBSAK to install the .461 theme file cod. Just direct BBSAK to the .461 Java folder, and search for the net_rim_theme_blackberry6_480x360_b cod to install.

03-01-11 12:17 AM
    Your only other option is to redownload .461 and just install the file via BBSAK, or hope some kind soul uploads the cod for you here.

03-01-11 12:20 AM
    Just curious. If you double click on the OS on your PC, wouldn't Install Shield give you the options to remove or repair the file? After clicking on repair, just delete vendor file and reload the OS again. When I used to manually delete cod files, that's what I did to get them back because I was too lazy to go searching for them in the recycle bin.

03-01-11 01:29 AM
    The easiest way to reset this phones is to download .461, install it on the PC, Shrink it as you wish and then connect the phone to the PC and run Loader.

The OS install process will simply load all the modules that the OS needs to run correctly. This will include the default theme.
    03-01-11 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD