Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Batter Pudding
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it wise to buy bold 9780 now?

So i'm new with blackberrys thus i'm planning to get a bold 9780 but i was wondering if it would be wise to buy it given that there's already OS7 and the upcoming blackberry10..

thoughts? opinions? any suggestions on what kind of bb would be suitable?

i'm not that much fund of playing nor am i too much of a heavy user of my phone but would like to stay connected with my friends
    CrackBerry Abuser

You should be able to pick up a good 9780 for a cheap price. The phone will last you at least 6-12 months which will allow you to then choose a BB10 device if BB can do what they are marketing.
    BB 9900 (Telus)
    BB Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

Simple really. If you want a high quality phone, then buy the Bold. As long as it is well discounted due to its age, it will do you fine.

There are no gimmicks, or daft touch facilities, here. Just a solid, reliable, good on battery life, phone.

It will also take plenty of abuse, drops, etc. It will last much longer than the 12 months the guy above has suggested.

Once you have your phone, it is worth updating the OS. A few bugs in older releases, so get yourself up to .666 for a happy experience. (Some people prefer .712). plenty of posts around in this forum about how to upgrade. (Really easy to do. Not scary. Even if you are not technical.)
    andy957 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

I'd go for it. You can probably pick one up for a decent price, and as the previous Op(s) have stated, it's a solid Berry.

I am a heavy user that runs two businesses from the 9780. It never has let me down. I strayed for a few months to iPhone and Android, but am back and I went back to the 9780 since I still had it and really feel that it does what I need it to WHEN I need it to do it.

And I also agree, that once you are finally wearing out the 9780, you can then see what has happened with the "10" and if you want to try that Berry.

Enjoy!