Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. vx1
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will BlackBerry 9780 get OS 7?

So, I am wondering if there is any news leaked any where - will the 9780 get OS 7...
    "All your BB Q10 Are Belong to Us#@!"

Wix1.com - News n' Reviews

Follow me on Twitter:
    @vx1
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

The 9780 is an in-market device, meaning we can go into a store right now and buy one.During BlackBerry World, RIM said no in-market device will get BB 7.
    Does that answer your question?
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    Thanked by:
    vx1 (06-12-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts

maybe a hybrid?!

Sure, possible. Hybrids never give us new features thou, do they?
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

5. vx1
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default hmm

well it does suck, but - considering the competition these days I guess it makes sense since the processor is not capable to do the multimedia .. OS 7 must be a multimedia OS.
    "All your BB Q10 Are Belong to Us#@!"

Wix1.com - News n' Reviews

Follow me on Twitter:
    @vx1

Quote Originally Posted by vx1 View Post
    well it does suck, but - considering the competition these days I guess it makes sense since the processor is not capable to do the multimedia .. OS 7 must be a multimedia OS.
    What are you talking about? We do multimedia since 4.5...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Newbie

I think another reason why could be because OS 7 is built around the touchscreen and other hardware changes.

OS6 was sure short-lived ...
    CrackBerry Addict

how about searching before posting?
    R.I.P. Grandpa
    DEC-16-1936 - AUG-10-2013
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by stitch69 View Post
    how about searching before posting?
    No one does that anymore
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by vx1 View Post
    So, I am wondering if there is any news leaked any where - will the 9780 get OS 7...
    The news "leaked" weeks ago!

The 9780 will not get OS7

Global Posts
    11,434 Global Posts
    PIN
    changes way too often

in short no, but you can get hybrids built with os 7 modules in, which tend to improve performance ... just saying.

Community Rules & Guidelines | Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    Passport PIN: 2BDD6F5F | Note 3 PIN: 7F4337AD

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

I find it weird how we already answered the question, yet people keep posting the same answer....
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by californiablackberry View Post
    I find it weird how we already answered the question, yet people keep posting the same answer....
    It is no different that "some" who feel if they post a "wishful" July delivery date for the 9900, it will come in July!
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm not really going to complain like most will about how RIM continues to leave "old" users out in the cold, OS 6 in general does everything I need it to and has been solid/stable, I just need a way to remove the stupid trays!
    Apple iPhone 5S
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Retired)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (Retired)
    BlackBerry 8830 WE (Retired)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry.est08 View Post
    I'm not really going to complain like most will about how RIM continues to leave "old" users out in the cold, OS 6 in general does everything I need it to and has been solid/stable, I just need a way to remove the stupid trays!
    don't you use themes?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry.est08 View Post
    Bullseye!! There were only two things I wanted from 7 (6.1 back then): Choosing the panes/trays and HD capability for the camera (Kevin himself said he thought the 9780/9800 were probaby capable hardware-wise). I could do without HD... But trays...

Quote Originally Posted by xTALIBANx View Post
    don't you use themes?
    Themes FTW!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/fr...9650-a-620714/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will BlackBerry 9780 get OS 7?-bbscreenie2011_06_13_19_56_43.png   Will BlackBerry 9780 get OS 7?-bbscreenie2011_06_13_19_58_15.png  
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    What application is that?
    The one with the green background and the black bird.
    CrackBerry Addict

LOL... I'm fine with my 9780. No way I will ever upgrade unless my phone breaks. RIM is way to sneaky trying to get us to upgrade because of OS or minor hardware upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by californiablackberry View Post
    What application is that?
    The one with the green background and the black bird.
    SugarSync OFC! Most must have app ever!

5GB free space, 500MB per referal, referals get extra 500MB on sign up (yes, that link will get you 5.5GB alright), you choose the folders you want to sync and can share files and folders with people.

Who needs iCloud and DropBox??

Quote Originally Posted by BoldBigWorm View Post
    LOL... I'm fine with my 9780. No way I will ever upgrade unless my phone breaks. RIM is way to sneaky trying to get us to upgrade because of OS or minor hardware upgrades...
    There is nothing minor about the hardware that's coming out man... The phones perform admirably, didn't you see the videos? OS... Yeah... not much there.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-13-2011 at 08:08 PM.

CrackBerry User

I hope they include flash player on os7. So you can stream videos aside from youtube. Example youpo*n. LOL. Kidding. ^^

Unlikely, since 7 is nothing more than 6 on steroids...

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,393 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoldBigWorm View Post
    Hummm I think the hardware is a major update but don't all of them do this? iApple, Android no matter who makes it?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Hummm I think the hardware is a major update but don't all of them do this? iApple, Android no matter who makes it?
    Yes they do. Althou Apple is always making sure at least the one hardware revision before the new OS is compatible. iOS 4 runs well on the iPhone 3G. iOS5 runs on the 3GS.
    I know that rooted Androids can sometimes get updates to versions they were not supposed to.

Just pointing that out as a "so shoud you, RIM".

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,393 Global Posts

I'm not sure that RIM will not do this after the transition is complete but that still leaves the phones coming out without. Then again I'm sure the phones coming out will do their job for years.

My tour even though eol 3 months after I got it still went from 4 to 5. So they have done it. I think the reason now is this transition that they have to make.

If anyone doesn't want to buy one of the new phones from them now because of it then I guess they need find something else, which again isn't so good for RIM but they have to make this transition.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I'm not sure that RIM will not do this after the transition is complete but that still leaves the phones coming out without. Then again I'm sure the phones coming out will do their job for years.

My tour even though eol 3 months after I got it still went from 4 to 5. So they have done it. I think the reason now is this transition that they have to make.

If anyone doesn't want to buy one of the new phones from them now because of it then I guess they need find something else, which again isn't so good for RIM but they have to make this transition.
    Well, the Tour has been around much longer than just the 3 monts after the EOL...

Ok then, let's have this convo all over again. RIM said it: No 7 for in market phones. We all know the phones can handle it, it's a business decision.

Fat change they will do the same to the 2011 line when QNX hits. After all RIM DID say, no QNX OS untill we have dual core processors. The new bold, curve and new touchscreen all not have dual core processor.

See why I mentioned Apple's iOS now?
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-14-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: distracted typing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast