CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why are ALL my text messages grouped into conversations? (Please Help)

I just got the BlackBerry Bold 9780 last weekend. I previously had the Pearl. And I don't understand, will ALL of your text messages sent to the same person be grouped into one long continuous conversation...FOREVER? Because when I tried to "clear" the conversation, it deleted all of those text messages from my phone. There's no way around this? I really hate this feature. I loved the text messaging on the old Pearl.

Thanks for the help.
    CrackBerry Genius

It is called Threaded Text Messaging and is standard on OS6. There is no way to go back to the old standard. Sorry.

Actually, many users have complained about this, but have forgotten that the reason it was implemented in the first place was because of all the user feedback requests for RIM to have it.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    It is called Threaded Text Messaging and is standard on OS6. There is no way to go back to the old standard. Sorry.

Actually, many users have complained about this, but have forgotten that the reason it was implemented in the first place was because of all the user feedback requests for RIM to have it.
    Yes. It really shows you can't please everyone. When BlackBerry's didn't have it and saw what the iPhone did, everyone was like "RIM is behind, BlackBerry's are for messaging blah blah blah...". Now they introduce it, I find a lot of people are complaining again that they don't like it and wished it was the old style.
    Apple iPhone 5S
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Retired)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (Retired)
    BlackBerry 8830 WE (Retired)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    26092F6E

Thumbs up

Dont worry BBPearlGirl. You will get used to it in a day or two.

Also you don't have to clear the entire history! If you delete the message on the main Text Messages menu - all the conversations will be deleted.

To avoid this - click on the message to open it (you should see conversation style messages - if you have more than 1 message). Now move you cursor over any particular message you want to delete - Hit the Blackberry Menu button and click on Delete Message. Bam! You shoould have only deleted the message you cursor was over.

I actually like this as when I get 10 messages a week from my service provider on their deals they're having, I just go over the main message and delete - taking away all the other conversations as well (While having the capability to also delete individual messages in a conversation)!

Hope that helps...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you all for responding.

It would be okay for me if it only threaded the conversation with that person for THAT day. But it just continues. I wish they would have at least given you the option between the two formats. When you go into the "View Folder" option and select SMS Outbox or SMS Inbox, it will list them individually. But then when you click on one the whole conversation comes up again. I also preferred writing my texts from the top down. That should be another optional feature. I'll get used to it, but for me, it's so annoying to see the WHOLE conversation.
    CrackBerry User

I agree with having the option. I have recently upgraded from a Pearl to a Torch and am having the same issues. On the Pearl you had the option to change the number of 'prior messages' that were displayed, which had the same thread effect but in reverse order. I personally opted to have this switched off so that it was a standard message display.

Although if there is no way to turn this off with the newer versions then c'est la vie - BlackBerry clearly know what they are doing and they're responding to customer feedback which is always a good thing (just a shame that it isn't what I would have wanted it to be!).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default my messages are all in a group from mine to my friends :/

My black berry randomly started putting my text messages into one whole little conversation. Like i had all my mesages into one little group and my friends messages in one little group... How do i change that:/ I don't know how it went that way but it did. And now i have to go up to the start of the conversation to see the messges i sent my friends..... Please help..
    CrackBerry User

Default Why are ALL my text messages grouped into conversations? (Please Help)

It may be a setting in your messaging application. While in your texting application, go to options, then make sure "combine sequential messages" is unchecked. Maybe that will do it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default The same problem

I have the same problem, my texts get grouped together while the received texts are grouped below. I would like it to look like chat. I used to have the exact same BB and it worked perfectly (meaning chat-like). Can anybody help me please!!!