Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default white screen with pink lines

hey guys!
    well.... one day i was just using my bold 9780 as i usually would, i was in the middle of messaging someone on BBM, my screen started to go funny, i can't remember what the screen looked like when it happened as it happened over a month ago ... i just tried a battery pull, so i took the battery out, waited around 30 seconds and put the battery in. i then got the white screen and pink lines.
    since then i have read through many forums, on many websites, i have tried using a new battery, this didn't solve the problem. i have also seen that wiping the device and re-installing another OS should fix the problem, this also did not solve anything.

does anyone know of any other solution to this? any help at all would be greatly appreciated as i have been using a friends blackberry but he needs it back.
    this is not the first time this has happened, it happened to my last 9780 which was when i had insurance, but i don't have insurance anymore.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

Default white screen with pink lines

simple fix. replace the lcd screen

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    *TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

is it the screen that is the problem then? as i don't want to buy a new screen for it to not be the problem
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,071 Global Posts

It could be the screen or the connector cable has come loose. Either way, you'll need your phone opened.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry

Hi people I have 2blackberry bolds and one of them recently worked but the other didn't so I swapped the screens over and when I swapped them back the 1 that was working comes up with a white screen with lines down it

Any one know what I might have done as I'm nor sure and also what I could do to Solve the problem many thanks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,071 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Myatt View Post
    Hi people I have 2blackberry bolds and one of them recently worked but the other didn't so I swapped the screens over and when I swapped them back the 1 that was working comes up with a white screen with lines down it

Any one know what I might have done as I'm nor sure and also what I could do to Solve the problem many thanks
    Could be a loose connector cable.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)