CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry White screen of death AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

No later than 3months ago,my 9780's LCD just went all white!!!!!!After much googling with no definite resolution,I decided to just get a new LCD via true supplier.
    Now suddenly tonight am back at the same problem,my LCD is stuck on white,I cant see anything!!!!!!!!!!!This time its worst, than the first time it happen,because at-least then the phone still worked, i could still make and receive calls.Now I cant hear anything,and when I call my phone it goes straight to the voice male.
    After searching the net all night, I have found that this appears to be a common issue with the 97 series WTF??????????
    ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION,RESOLUTION OR SOME EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ISSUE?????
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

I would suggest that you send it in for repaires, but I think you may have voided the warranty if you did the screen repair yourself last time.
    Sounds like the phone is dead. good luck getting this issue fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

This is not happening that often or you would see it posted like crazy in these forums. It could be your original problem was never fixed and the problem is intermittent.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

I would agree, there's no known issue with the 9700 series, this is a lone issue that you have been facing and it could be due to a lose contact or due to a short circuit. Take the device to someone who knows how to fix these and let them have a look.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

i will definitely give it a try

Global Posts
    35,121 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

That was a huge mistake violating the warranty. I'd still call the carrier, and attempt to get it exchanged, but you'll probably need a qualified repair shop, and ship it out. May I suggest:

Blackberry : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Addict

do you remember what you were doing that led to the white screen. had you let the battery die and there was an app that needed rebooting. did you have a os that was an official release. I'm assuming you weren't able to connect your bb to the desktop manager and go to a back up and/or re-install a previous "stable" os?

If the problem is worse than before, I would take it back to the repairers and ask why this is the case!? you think they would test it before sending it back to you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey ive been having the sae damn problems with my bold too
    it happened once before when i sent a message then put it in my pocket and pulled it out again in the same motion and the screen was white
    this time that it happened i watched it just cut out
    i could make it work again by locking/unlocking it but only for a short period of time so i know that the lcd screen bull**** im being told by this shady cell phone store is telling me isnt true
    my computers bb desktop software program cant even give updates or connect with my phone anymore
    im pretty sure thats more than a screen issue
    and once i get this fixed im gonna cram it down those bastards throats at that shady store
    they made me pay 150 dollars a month ago and want me to pay it again
    its not like i drop my phone and break it everyday

thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zensen View Post
    do you remember what you were doing that led to the white screen. had you let the battery die and there was an app that needed rebooting. did you have a os that was an official release. I'm assuming you weren't able to connect your bb to the desktop manager and go to a back up and/or re-install a previous "stable" os?

If the problem is worse than before, I would take it back to the repairers and ask why this is the case!? you think they would test it before sending it back to you.
    yeah when i brought it to the guys where i bought it all they did was walk by and glance at the screen telling me its an lcd issue
    then some other ***** kept pressing his thumbs agains my phones screen
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Well to be honest I have givin up on this phone, there is no way am gonna pay for another LCD screen.Am gonna rock my ols 8520 until the 9900 comes out.