CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Whatsapp update & resulting connectivity issues

This morning I downloaded the most recent Whatsapp update, as prompted by Blackberry AppWorld. The first time I did this, it sat on the 4-stage initializing screen for over an hour. I deleted it and reinstalled (and have subsequently done this 4 or 5 times, downloading from both AppWorld and the Whatsapp website directly), and now I am asked to enter my phone number and confirm. Now I get "awaiting network" for ages with no sign of anything happening. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get past this "awaiting network" screen that is making me want to rip my hair out?

Additional info: I do have a data plan, and have been receiving texts and emails as normal throughout the day. Everything else on my phone is behaving normally. I have tried several reboots/battery pulls.

Thanks a lot.
    Thanked by:
    tyateteptya (01-29-2012) 

Global Posts
    12,325 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have a minute, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Also, just so you know there's an Apps Forum meant for issues like this if it's most likely not device-specific. Sorry, not trying to lecture you; it just makes it more useful for everyone of everything is in the right place.

ANYWAYS...
    I can't remember, does it ask you for connection type? (I don't think so, but just making sure.)

Are you using UMA / Wi-Fi calling? If so disable this and try again.

If you can't nail it down as an issue with your connections, your best bet is to contact WhatsApp support directly. You'll find their support email via the App World listing.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the help. I thought for some reason I didn't have access to posting in that forum! I'll do that next time.

No, it doesn't ask for connection type. It asks for permissions first, and then goes immediately to asking to verify my number. It is still sitting "awaiting network".

I don't know what UMA / Wi-Fi calling is, so I don't believe so? I have a 3G connection and have tried this both with and without Wi-Fi turned on. I think you're right, my next step is probably just emailing whatsapp.

Thanks a lot
    CrackBerry Newbie

yes please im also having the same problem, im using a bb8520, and my whatsapp worked fine until i had to update it, and then the problems began, i cant get past the last update stage, it just keeps intilaising, eventually giving me an http error -1 .. please help someone, ive contacted whatsapp but they not much help either
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy My BB9780 is having a wifi & data connection issue

hey,
    i am having a wifi & data issue on my BB9780
    as soon as i turn my phone on and turn on my wifi and open whatsapp (or any other app which requires internet) it is working for a while
    but when i turn off wifi or cellular data and turn it on again the apps are not working.........!!!! i have tired my best to resolve this problem but
    i have find no way to solve this problem and if i keep my cellular data or wifi turned on the apps are just working on the starting (till 1-2 hrs) not the whole day please anybody resolve my problem
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

@Deepak Yadav3: Update your OS. Plenty of threads around discussing this. For example: Cant Update my OS. but skip to my Post 17 and ignore all the misleading guesswork before that.