Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MobileMadness002
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What's wrong with WiFi only?

Hi, I'm new on this forum and I'm from Holland with this strange behaviour of my BB. I own the device for two months now and got it from my brother in law. His job got him another one. "mine" had (of course) a IT policy on it, but I managed to get rid of that using crackutil. Having done that I could freely surf the internet, Twitter, Whatsapp and Facebook. All this without an BB subscription, just using WiFi! No problem at all. Then, three weeks ago all of the sudden everything stopt working. No more internet, FB, Whatsapp nor Twitter. I was astonished! So, factoryreset, connecting with Wifi, but . . . .no result. After trying and trying and trying I now can use Whatsapp and (sometimes) Twitter. Internet and Facebook . . .impossible! Trying to connect to the internet i see: can't find the requested server, FB tells me I have no correct serviceplan.
    All thsi I find hard tort believe, because I did have all the things I wanted only using Wifi, so why does it not work anymore???

ANybody who can be of any help??? Why in the beginnen was Wifi sufficient en now not anymore???

Please anyone??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,162 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

The RIM NOC finally updated removing the provisioning for your PIN access to the NOC. Now that you have no active BB data plan, the RIM developed applications now indicate accurately and they will not work as there is no connection to the internet as far as they are concerned. Any of the RIM developed apps require an active BB data plan.

PS. I am surprised that it took this long.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    BigBadWulf likes this.

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Agreed MM. The corp account must have taken a cycle to drop.

OP - You can use Opera Mini or UC as a browser, but without a connection to RIM servers, as MM said, you won't be able to use many apps.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-19-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: damn you autotext!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you both, I started thinking something like you wrote. Now I am sure! I'll get rid of the BB and buy me an phone that uses a cheaper dataplan!

Just keep in mind that in Europe, most carriers offer BIS on unlimited internet. Sometimes cheap is not really cheap.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel