CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What type of Activation is done by the Blackberry when adding a Gmail or Google Apps?

What type of Activation is done by the Blackberry when adding a Gmail or Google Apps Account?

When you add a gmail account or google apps account in the blackberry and you select to sync calendars and contacts the blackberry does something similar to an enterprise activation. Is this an enterprise activation or something similar?

I am doing a migration of 60 accounts to Google apps and I want to know the differences Between this and the enterprise activation (Google Apps BES Connector).

THanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

When you add a Google/Google Apps account via BIS it does a mini enterprise activation but the sync times are slow (email is instant from blackberry to server, but takes a few hours from server to phone. Calendar and contacts are every few hours)

When you activate a Google Apps account via BEST express sync is nearly instant both ways, has a list of it policies you can apply and backs up settings of the handset etc.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by james.mead1981 View Post
    When you add a Google/Google Apps account via BIS it does a mini enterprise activation but the sync times are slow (email is instant from blackberry to server, but takes a few hours from server to phone. Calendar and contacts are every few hours)

When you activate a Google Apps account via BEST express sync is nearly instant both ways, has a list of it policies you can apply and backs up settings of the handset etc.
    Yea, agreed
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for the answer about the mini enterprise activation

I have been using my Blackberry with Google apps and email syncing is really fast both way (Second or Two), Contacts and Calendar take a lot longer but i guess is the same as the BEST Express.

BEST Express also have a lot of restrictions compare to BESX (Long List).

Is it worst the pain of having a BEST Express instead of using the Google Mini BES?

Anybody know if there is a Documentation from Google about the Mini Enterprise Activation specifications?

Thanks
    Last edited by gdimarco; 02-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.