Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What happens when a wrong password is entered more than 10 times?

Does it still wipe the device or what? Id actually like to set a password but Im scared that someone might type the password 10 times and screw my phone just out of ignorance or for fun

yes the device will be wiped and yes many people have told the story of their phone being wiped because someone was having too much fun
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

A password is a good idea. Why not just regularly back up your phone? If it gets wiped then it's no biggie.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    AS KONG MAHAL!

i know someone who put password on his bb,then leave it at home...child plays..BB was wiped. always have a backup just in case anything happens...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

I agree with the others... password is a good protection for your Blackberry data and backup is a good solutions for restoring your data if the device somehow get wiped..

Just start to backup your Blackberry phone from time to time and you will get used to it.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    D'oh. Just ask.

It should be possible with an option to use more than 10 attempts. Hopefully, no one would bother with trying to enter the wrong password tons of times. That people who does this sort of thing are utterly useless is another story.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

10 is a good number, besides if you back up every other day you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Also, it's not just 10 straight tries at a password. About 4 or 5 tries and it will prompt you to type the word "blackberry". I think it will ask that again after a few more tries. It also gives a waring on the 10th that the phone will be wiped.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,463 Global Posts

It is possible to change it to fewer than 10 tries. 10 is the maximum, but it can be changed to as few as 3 attempts.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down it erases ALL data

So this morning my friend and I were having a sleepover and I thought that it would lock her out for 30 seconds or a minute or whatever but it erased all the data and she didnt back it up... now i feel really bad. she claims shes not mad but if i were in her place i would hate me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monnie0525 View Post
    So this morning my friend and I were having a sleepover and I thought that it would lock her out for 30 seconds or a minute or whatever but it erased all the data and she didnt back it up... now i feel really bad. she claims shes not mad but if i were in her place i would hate me.
    Ouch. I advise you stay away from having sleepovers with her until she forgets about this incident

Posted via CB10
    In squircle, we trust