Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. mojosingle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Question What does the BlackBerry 9780 Really Look Like? (Photos)

    I mean really?

    We have not had many (any?) completely clear photos of this phone IMO. I was hoping that some of you that have this phone could post up some clear(er) photos than those that have appeared on the interwebs so far. Most interesting would be to see some clear views of the bezel which is claimed to be dark metal or greyed metal or whatever unlike the bright chrome on the 9700.

    I have seen some (often badly lit) photos that make it look like the 9780 is almost all black. Others shots make it appear that the phone seems to have a clearly noticeable metallic looking surround? Just how dark is this metal?


    Here are some photos that I have seen so far of the oh so mysterious 9780. lol

    These look almost black...



    These look like with a little more lighting they would be bright chrome-ish...




    And with these couple of white 9780's the bezel appears to be almost regular bright chrome like on the 9700's?


    Can someone shed some light on the look of these phones (or better yet, turn on some dang lights and take some non-shadowy pics side by side a 9700 so that we can compare)?



    .
  2. mechanic_joe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    693 Posts
    Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I really need to see it in real life, before I could make any worthwhile comments about the look of it. So far, to me, it looks EXACTLY like my 9700, with a darker chromeish/gun metal/titaniumish bezel... Only difference apparent to me.
  3. greggebhardt's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #3  

    Default

    Black gloss chrome.

    The second large image above is MY phone and was taken with available light coming from a window behind it and that is why it looks like silver chrome.

    But take my word for it is is high gloss black in normal lighting.

    Does the exact shade of black factoring into your choice of buying this phone?
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-16-2010 at 03:08 PM.
  4. Matrix Leader
    Matrix Leader's Avatar
    Guest
    #4  

    Default

    It's surprising why RIM made the 9780 a black bezzel rather than the cool chrome.........everything is an upgrade with regards to the 9780 except the looks how stupid
  5. Chriz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    269 Posts
    PIN
    PM me...
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    It's surprising why RIM made the 9780 a black bezzel rather than the cool chrome.........everything is an upgrade with regards to the 9780 except the looks how stupid
    And i thought i miss-clicked the Thread. Reading 2Times the same Sentences. How stupid is that? :-)

    I am ready to upgrade. So...i am waiting for the 9780. I like the Style.
  6. phinx404's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    the pre-unit i had was the normal shiny chrome. I think some carriers will be different. my pics or on my wallpaper issues thread from 2 months back when i first had the 9780. also a video posted on that thread and some more pics on my profile album.
    Running Bold 9780 (6.0.0.359)
  7. mojosingle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Thumbs up Wish this was the actual finalized phone...

    Quote Originally Posted by phinx404 View Post
    the pre-unit i had was the normal shiny chrome. I think some carriers will be different. my pics or on my wallpaper issues thread from 2 months back when i first had the 9780. also a video posted on that thread and some more pics on my profile album.
    Hi phinx404, here is the video link from the wallpaper thread:

    The video does not seem to work anymore (At least when I click it it says server not found).

    Also the only photo that shows the body of the phone in your profile photo album is this one:


    Which again, does not show us very much of the phone from a full body chrome/no chrome standpoint. Although from the pic it does indeed look like you got a bright chrome one as a testor model as you mention. I would much prefer that color/style over the dark/black chrome that is supposedly on the finalized phone.




    Last edited by mojosingle; 09-16-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    .
  8. gamecock425's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    89 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I really hope it's the black chrome I think it looks really sharp. Personal preference.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. Denise in Los Angeles's Avatar
    BlackBerry Diva

    Posts
    8,482 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Black gloss chrome.

    The second large image above is MY phone and was taken with available light coming from a window behind it and that is why it looks like silver chrome.

    But take my word for it is is high gloss black in normal lighting.

    Does the exact shade of black factoring into your choice of buying this phone?
    I like Greg's phone, but when its released, it won't matter which one...
    people will buy them!
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

    PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
  10. bad_boy321's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,101 Global Posts
    PIN
    Good Question?!
    #10  

    Default

    Can't wait to get my hands on this.
    Quarter minute...two clicks left for windage...say goodnight, Gracie......
  11. mojosingle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Question Slightly underwhelming looks?

    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaAddict View Post
    I like Greg's phone, but when its released, it won't matter which one...
    people will buy them!
    It is interesting to me that in Greg's photo above his phone looks chrome-ish to me... but he is saying absolutely not... that in person the phone just looks like high gloss black?

    I think I like the metallic 9700's looks better than the blackish 9780. Maybe the 9780 is just not a very photogenic phone?

    9700 Chrome:


    9780 Black Metal:



    Will have to see it in person though... or at least see some more real world photos posted from some of the folks that own the phone here on the board (hint.... hint....)



    Last edited by mojosingle; 09-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    .
  12. Elaine278's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Thanks for your post
  13. greggebhardt's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    It's surprising why RIM made the 9780 a black bezzel rather than the cool chrome.........everything is an upgrade with regards to the 9780 except the looks how stupid
    RIM can not make everyone happy.

    What is cool to you may not be to another. RIM is not stupid, they are wanting to sell phones!

    EVERYONE has their own opinion and I think the chrome looks rather cheap looking after having the 9780's richer looking black but them again I LIKE black:


    When it really gets down to the bottom of it, how many of you are going to buy or not buy the 9780 becasue of the bezel color! LOL!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-17-2010 at 07:11 AM.
  14. phinx404's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    My apologies. i changed domain names just recently so i had to go back and have all the pics on my threads point to the correct location. do a relink to the video/pics from that thread and a few other threads and they will all show up now.


    VIDEO LINK

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosingle View Post
    Hi phinx404, here is the video link from the wallpaper thread:

    The video does not seem to work anymore (At least when I click it it says server not found).

    Also the only photo that shows the body of the phone in your profile photo album is this one:


    Which again, does not show us very much of the phone from a full body chrome/no chrome standpoint. Although from the pic it does indeed look like you got a bright chrome one as a testor model as you mention. I would much prefer that color/style over the dark/black chrome that is supposedly on the finalized phone.



    Running Bold 9780 (6.0.0.359)
  15. hhg
    hhg is offline
    hhg's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Like Jay-Z says 'All Black Everything!'
    This is perfect for me, will see less scratches on my phone
  16. tedzone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,442 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    It's surprising why RIM made the 9780 a black bezzel rather than the cool chrome.........everything is an upgrade with regards to the 9780 except the looks how stupid
    I agree totally. Let's hope the final release isn't blacked out. When people black out their stock phones, I always find they look cheap and plastic-ish

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. mojosingle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Thumbs up Thanx for the link updates!

    Quote Originally Posted by phinx404 View Post
    My apologies. i changed domain names just recently so i had to go back and have all the pics on my threads point to the correct location. do a relink to the video/pics from that thread and a few other threads and they will all show up now.


    VIDEO LINK
    Thanks for the updates phinx404! The video is great and the phone looks really good in it, but just to be clear, the phone in the video is not the look that will be on the final "dark metal/black" phone that is scheduled for release, right?


    .
  18. Monicooo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #18  

    Default I dont think soo

    I dont think the black one will show less scratches. And honestley I dont care. Im getting the 9700 in a week. And i dont care if it has more ram or a better camera. cuz I had a 5 mp cam and the camera was terrible, and my friend had the same phone for verizon with a 3.2 mp cam and ALL her pictures came clear even if her hand shook. And Im sure eventaully the 9700 will get os6.
  19. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,141 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Does the exact shade of black factoring into your choice of buying this phone?
    It must be hard to find purses and high-heels to match Black Chrome...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
  20. bimapranachitra's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    PIN
    911
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Black gloss chrome.

    The second large image above is MY phone and was taken with available light coming from a window behind it and that is why it looks like silver chrome.

    But take my word for it is is high gloss black in normal lighting.

    Does the exact shade of black factoring into your choice of buying this phone?
    So, is it glossy black or black chrome?
    I've seen several glossy black 9700 bezels sold here in my place, but none of the black chromes.

    If it's only glossy black then I might think about buying one and wait for the OS6 9700 upgrade in order to resemble the 9780 appearance. LOL

Posting Permissions