Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lisajames26
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default using blackberry 9780 with sim cards / SOS - no signal

i have a blackberry 9780 that i want to use this summer on vacations... i know that i can buy a pre paid sim cards and put it into my blackberry then the sim card has the new number that is used on the country i'm visiting.
    but it's not working... i have the sim card inside and it says SOS and there is no signal..only that red SOS icon..

i need it to make calls with the number on the pre paid sim that i have but i can't get it work right!

i have changed the phone number on my blackberry and still no signal, even if i restart it.

the other day someone said to me to go and open the phone with a code, but i don't really get it... i found some information about unlock code (or something like that) but i am not sure what is that all about..

my blackberry is from Orange UK

plzzzzz help me! - how to make my 9780 blackberry work with other sim cards???
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    29,845 Global Posts

You will need to contact Orange and get an unlocking code or purchase an unlocking code from one of the reputable vendors in the Unlocking Forum.
    Thanked by:
    lisajames26 (07-19-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Default Blackberry 9780 unlock

Hi there...

I will try to explain your question to get the things clear for you.
    Blackberry devices (and also other cellular phones) are using carriers to connect to a Network..

The carriers are blocking the connection of other GSM carriers by a Sim card Network security.

That is way you get the SOS symbol, your device is acting like it has no sim card inside.

Blackberry devices can be unlocked by a simple steps that can be found online.. you can call orange and ask for the code, you can also buy a code online and unlock your BlackBerry 9780 by yourself in minutes... it's also cheap and can be made by anyone that knows to use the phone.

The unlocking will "sim free" your device, in other, your BlackBerry Bold 9780 will work with any SIM card from any GSM carriers worldwide.
    If you need instructions on how to unlock your device you can find it here: Blackberry 9780 Unlocking instructions
    and also more information on the Unlocking forum like lak611 has posted..
    Thanked by:
    lisajames26 (07-19-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

THANK YOU!!!!
    It's really working!!!
    thank you very very much!!
    CrackBerry Genius

To see if you blackberry is unlocked go to:

Options- Device - Advanced - SIM CARD - type mepd and all securities must be disabled. Make you you have a sim card placed in the device when doing this,
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

You are welcome.
    It's easy to unlock Blackberry devices, any one that needs help can contact me for help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

HI guys,

I have the same LISAJAMES26's problem but, what if my phone is already unlocked?
    Will it be the same solution? Please help!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,077 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBROWNIE View Post
    HI guys,

I have the same LISAJAMES26's problem but, what if my phone is already unlocked?
    Will it be the same solution? Please help!
    If your GSM phone is unlocked, you shouldn't have any problems besides maybe being stuck on 2G speeds. Pop in your SIM card and you're good to go.
    CrackBerry User

Blackberry's work on different frequency. Some BB use 900Hz and some use 850Hz and some a dual band. To check your Blackberry then Go to Options>Device>About Device Version. If your 3G band says 1,4,8 then your phone frequency is 900Hz and if it says something like 2,3,5,6 then its 850Hz and if it doesn't show 3G band then your's dual band. But this should only affect 3G not 2G. Try switching to only 2G and see if u get the service. Carriers have different frequency for 3G. Maybe you should use a carrier who have 3G at same frequency as your phone. Hope this helps