CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Transferring photos from Blackberry to computer (WITH DEACTIVATED MEDIA CARD)

Hi

I recently got a new phone and did not have a chance to transfer pictures and videos from my old phone (Blackberry Bold 9780) to my computer to save them. The problem now is that the old phone is deactivated (no service or connection) because my new phone (iPhone) was activated in my account. Is there a way around this? All the pictures and videos are still on the blackberry, but there is just no service or connection to send them via email, etc.

I tried using Blackberry Desktop software but it didn't work. I used the usb cable to connect the blackberry to the computer but nothing transferred over.

So is there a way to transfer my pictures and videos to my computer WITH A DEACTIVATED MEDIA CARD?

Help?!
    Thank you!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,421 Global Posts

So you're saying you want to get media off of a card, and it's the phone that's deactivated (i.e. without service)?

Easy. Follow either step 1 or 2:

1. Using your data cable, connect your phone to your computer. You don't need Desktop Manager for this step. Once you plug it in, you should be presented with three options on your phone screen; choose USB drive.
    1a. Then your card will be read like an external hard drive. Navigate to it, and extract whatever you want.

2. You can get a microSD card reader/adapter, put your microSD card in it, and stick it into a laptop's SD slot. 1a happens.

You don't need to have service on the phone for either step.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for your response. To clarify, there is no card in the deactivated phone. Will #1 still work/apply?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Nevermind! It worked! Thank you so much