Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Too many applications loaded?

I have Bold 9780 with the official 3uk 6.0.0.448 when trying to load some apps (Crackberry App Store, Blackberry Travel & others I keep getting this error "Error loading module -Name-too many applications loaded" I have tried battery pulls & un installing then reinstalling the apps but still get the error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks
    L
    Thanked by:
    leonard chipunza (08-09-2013) 

Type storage and see the amount of free memory in the device please. It feels like a corrupt OS install to me but let's make sure.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi it says Application Storage 152.5MB - Media Card 1.5GB free

Quote Originally Posted by loreburne View Post
    Hi it says Application Storage 152.5MB - Media Card 1.5GB free
    Well, guess I was right then.

I can think of three things: 1 -Battery pull; 2 - Security wipe; 3 - Device wipe + OS reload.

The 1st is simple, reboot your device by taking the battery out and leaving it be for 30-40 seconds. If you still get the error then try the 2nd.

The 2nd will erase all personal data and apps from your device and with a little luck, fix any bogus settings that are giving you the error. I am not putting any bets in this one thou, but there is a chance it will work. Type security wipe and make sure you select everything BUT the media card.

The 3rd is more extreme and confirms that you had a bogus during you OS update. You'll need 3rd party software (BBSAK, BlacKBerry MCP or some other software) and will ask for a Device wipe, which is similar to formating the hard drive on a computer: it will erase the OS.

Using Windows's Control Panel, remove the .448 you have. Reboot your PC. Download and install either BBSAK or BB MCP. Install the OS back and delete vendor.xml. Plug the device, run the 3rd party and ask for the Device Wipe. You'll get to a 507 error screen after the device boots.

From this point, follow this guide:

How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention: 2nd and 3rd options will blast your info to oblivion. You could do a backup using Desktop Software (Desktop Manager) but that could bring the bug back if it is a bogus setting issue.

You can always backup and load the backup and in case things go boom, use option 2.

Post back!
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-15-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Thanked by:
    loreburne (02-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for your help...I will give them a try... Hopefully No1 will work (I did a battery pull but not for that long) I will get back to you.
    Thanks
    L
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

The second one worked! Thanks for all your help!

Good to know! Enjoy your Bold!

CrackBerry Newbie

I have Bold 9780 with the official 3uk 6.0.0.448 when trying to load some apps (Crackberry App Store, Blackberry Travel & others I keep getting this error "Error loading module -Name-too many applications loaded" I have tried battery pulls & un installing then reinstalling the apps but still get the error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks ;*
    L
    From Rawonah
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi I hv a BB torch 9800, after upgrding my watsapp I'm getting error starting whatsapp: error loading module whatsapp verify error. Please help. Also after I download the facebook app I'm unable to see it in the main menu screen, however its showing as installed in the app list. Please help
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

delete and re install , that should solve ur problem
    8300 / 8900 / 9000 / 9780 / 9700
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10
    8300 / 8900 / 9000 / 9780 / 9700
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks
    L
    Have had endless problems with my apps (including Whatsapp & BB AppWorld) as you describe, getting both the above error message "Error loading module -Name-too many applications loaded" as well as '909 authentication failure'. Have deleted apps, tried battery pulls, installed/uninstalled/reinstalled nothing worked.
    But it seems it is not a corrupt os, and a security wipe or device wipe/os reload is not necessary.

Instead - try this first as it worked immediately :
    Connect BB to BB Desktop Software - Within Applications, you click remove on the languages you do not require (think I removed about 6-8) - Then Update via Desktop Software

"This problem is caused by to many .mod or .cod files on your device. Even though you may have room on your device, the most likely reason you're receiving that error is because there are many different languages installed on your device, and those have lots of the .mod and .cod files. By removing some of the languages you do not use, you can free up space for more of these. You can find these options in your BlackBerry Desktop software, under the application loader. If you don't see them there, you may need to download the newest version of the BlackBerry software...."

PS. To be on the safe side I backed up my BB prior to trying this, but in the end there was no need for it. I have a Bold 9780.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9680 and today I received a message on WhatsApp to upload a newer version. Once I downloaded it, a message reading ' Error starting WhatsApp: Error loading module 'WhatsApp' too many applications loaded.' How do I get it back on track? Please help. At the end of my tether!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Default Too many applications loaded?

What's odd is that I have a TON of apps loaded and do not have this problem. All of my apps run smoothly including Whatsapp.
    I do make sure that I close apps rather than leave them open. I have also not upgraded to the most recent build and am still on 18xx.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm using Z10 and can't download WhatsApp application on it
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Is my problem solved or not?

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    Well, guess I was right then.

I can think of three things: 1 -Battery pull; 2 - Security wipe; 3 - Device wipe + OS reload.

The 1st is simple, reboot your device by taking the battery out and leaving it be for 30-40 seconds. If you still get the error then try the 2nd.

The 2nd will erase all personal data and apps from your device and with a little luck, fix any bogus settings that are giving you the error. I am not putting any bets in this one thou, but there is a chance it will work. Type security wipe and make sure you select everything BUT the media card.

The 3rd is more extreme and confirms that you had a bogus during you OS update. You'll need 3rd party software (BBSAK, BlacKBerry MCP or some other software) and will ask for a Device wipe, which is similar to formating the hard drive on a computer: it will erase the OS.

Using Windows's Control Panel, remove the .448 you have. Reboot your PC. Download and install either BBSAK or BB MCP. Install the OS back and delete vendor.xml. Plug the device, run the 3rd party and ask for the Device Wipe. You'll get to a 507 error screen after the device boots.

From this point, follow this guide:

How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention: 2nd and 3rd options will blast your info to oblivion. You could do a backup using Desktop Software (Desktop Manager) but that could bring the bug back if it is a bogus setting issue.

You can always backup and load the backup and in case things go boom, use option 2.

Post back!